British Speedway Forum

After the excellent away win a Leicester they followed it up with two superb wins at tricky Kings Lynn & Peterborough. Both these latter two meetings really show off the Witches title winning credentials, especially the last heat decider against the Panthers. If they beat Kings Lynn next week then I’d say they’ve one hand on the trophy. 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll have to disagree on that, Ipswich still look the weakest of the top 5 teams imo. Can't see them beating Belle Vue over 2 legs if they somehow made the play-offs.

A team that’s on a role and winning match after match is always going to be favourites for the titles.

Look what Coventry did some years ago sneaking into the plays offs in 4th and steamrollering Poole.

The team in form will always win an end of season competition or at any point in the season.

The Aces are fast running out of matches and could be left twiddling their thumbs waiting for others to catch up before the play offs.

That’s a dangerous position to be in. My team Wolves have had that happen in the past, off form in September and limped out the play offs.

IF Ipswich make the play offs no one will want to pick them.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

A team that’s on a roll and winning match after match is always going to be favourites for the titles.

Look what Coventry did some years ago sneaking into the plays offs in 4th and steamrollering Poole.

The team in form will always win an end of season competition or at any point in the season.

The Aces are fast running out of matches and could be left twiddling their thumbs waiting for others to catch up before the play offs.

That’s a dangerous position to be in. My team Wolves have had that happen in the past, off form in September and limped out the play offs.

IF Ipswich make the play offs no one will want to pick them.

Are Ipswich really on a roll though? 3 of their 4 wins have come against Peterborough & Kings Lynn who everyone beats. Granted they did get a great win at Leicester.

Ipswich could be in a similar position to Belle Vue, they've ridden more than most so could also be twiddling their thumbs.

No-one will avoid picking Ipswich as it's 1st vs 4th anyway. Would be ironic if Belle Vue's reward for finishing top was being drawn against the team they most wanted to avoid (if Ipswich finish 4th).

All of your comments make perfect sense, but still think it'll take Sheffield under performing for Ipswich to finish 4th. But it's not a foregone conclusion.

Edited by szkocjasid

Perhaps Louis could pop down to the pits at the end of the SON2 and get Cierniak to sign a contract for next season.

The lad is head and shoulders better than anyone else and looks outrageously quick. From memory, he is also walking away with the SGP2 again this year.

3 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Perhaps Louis could pop down to the pits at the end of the SON2 and get Cierniak to sign a contract for next season.

The lad is head and shoulders better than anyone else and looks outrageously quick. From memory, he is also walking away with the SGP2 again this year.

Perhaps he could sign Zmarzlik, Jaonwoski, Vaculik and Bewley as a top 4 while he's at it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Perhaps he could sign Zmarzlik, Jaonwoski, Vaculik and Bewley as a top 4 while he's at it

Zmarzlik is watching so why not give it a crack at the same time………

24 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hopefully Doyle will stay for several years to come. And Emil too as both are terrific servants to the team on and off the track.  
the premiership is a place where they can score big points and enjoy their racing without the huge pressure that’s on their shoulders in Poland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Hopefully Doyle will stay for several years to come. And Emil too as both are terrific servants to the team on and off the track.  
the premiership is a place where they can score big points and enjoy their racing without the huge pressure that’s on their shoulders in Poland. 

I’d say it’s almost impossible to keep both of them. They started this year on a combined average of 18.32 due to Emil’s assessed 8.00. And to fit both in this year we had to use Hume at 6 on an average that was reduced by 25% because of the first year as a non rising star rule which we won’t benefit from next year. 

Doyle and Emil are currently on a combined GSA of 19.28, practically a point more than they started this year. 

If the same team building rules apply next year as this and it’s clearly all up in the air at the minute, then I’d say it’s pretty much impossible to build a title winning team unless you can get really really lucky with a couple of low averaged ringers. 

If Emil decides to come back next year, then it looks like a tough decision will have to be made by Louis (and Nicholls ).

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d say it’s almost impossible to keep both of them. They started this year on a combined average of 18.32 due to Emil’s assessed 8.00. And to fit both in this year we had to use Hume at 6 on an average that was reduced by 25% because of the first year as a non rising star rule which we won’t benefit from next year. 

Doyle and Emil are currently on a combined GSA of 19.28, practically a point more than they started this year. 

If the same team building rules apply next year as this and it’s clearly all up in the air at the minute, then I’d say it’s pretty much impossible to build a title winning team unless you can get really really lucky with a couple of low averaged ringers. 

If Emil decides to come back next year, then it looks like a tough decision will have to be made by Louis (and Nicholls ).

With the distinct probability of fewer teams next year, then team building plans will be very different and team building points limit will prompt a real discussion whether 2 leagues or just one!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

but if it is the same as this year and you want to keep both Doyle and Emil then this would be my option

1. E, Sayfutdinov - 9.91
2. Z. Cook 4.84
3. N. Klindt 6.50/ A. Ellis 6.00 
4. B. Cook 5.09
5. J. Doyle 9.37
6. J. Jenkins 3.22/ D. Hume 3.64
7. D. Thompson R/S

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If the regulations stay the same then personally I’d have Emil & Doyle with Riss, Rew & Dan Thompson from this years side

Rew & Riss will both be on much lower averages than this year so that makes up for the Emil/Doyle increase.

Rew to start at reserve Doyle as skipper & 2 new faces. 

Oh no,, not the ole Riss Rew combo,,,, if they are schitt one year, let's try and see if it works differently next year approach,,,, :blink:

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Oh no,, not the ole Riss Rew combo,,,, if they are schitt one year, let's try and see if it works differently next year approach,,,, :blink:

Rew was always going to be more than a one season project especially after the back injury & not starting at reserve.

Riss would have generally maintained his average had it not been for the illness issues.

That’s my opinion I’m sure plenty including yourself will disagree. However if the regs allow Doyle & Emil should both be retained the clubs been much better for having those two guys around.