British Speedway Forum

Rew is worth persevering with. He’s young and clearly has talent, it would be a bit silly to give him the year on a 5.00 average, and then let another club (Belle Vue) reap the benefits of that bedding in year now he’s on a 4.00. If you stick with the top two, and if it’s possible then you certainly do it, then Rew on a 4.00 in the main body with a 3 pointer at reserve will be the way to go. If the rising star scheme stays, recall Drew Kemp! Might be an idea to retain Dan Thompson also and go with the pair of them. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I think quite clearly you dont watch Ipswich speedway otherwise you wouldnt say anything at all like you have just said.

King has been the only rider who has hampered his team mates in races 

Helps to have a bit of information before you comment

Next season will be Doyle, Emil, Riss, Rew, Dan Thompson and 2 others , 

Not sure what that would leave but Tom Brennan would be a great signing if surplus to requirements at Belle Vue

No thanks, I think he's no longer suitable for the top league, too timid. 

Looks like this is turning in to the Ipswich 2024 thread.

on that note I know it makes us too heavy again but Emil & Jason should both be back. Both have been superb & great with the fans & Doyle must be the skipper.

Rew should also be on the team sheet yes he has had a tough year but clearly has talent.

Dan Thompson has probably done enough to be back as the rising star.

That leaves places for three newcomers.

If Ipswich win the cup next week then that’s a perfect farewell for King.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I think quite clearly you dont watch Ipswich speedway otherwise you wouldnt say anything at all like you have just said.

King has been the only rider who has hampered his team mates in races 

Helps to have a bit of information before you comment

Next season will be Doyle, Emil, Riss, Rew, Dan Thompson and 2 others , 

Not sure what that would leave but Tom Brennan would be a great signing if surplus to requirements at Belle Vue

Given how he rides / rode at Foxhall this season i'd almost tempted to recommend Klindt if he could be fitted in and doesnt recommit to KL

Edited by GeneralMelchett

34 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Given how he rides / rode at Foxhall this season i'd almost tempted to recommend Klindt if he could be fitted in and doesnt recommit to KL

Was supposed to have the '20 season at Foxhole as well

Edited by StarBoy

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Artem Laguta is fit for Thursday.

Ipswich fans might be pleasantly surprised on Thursday. I can see a 60-30 scoreline for the Panthers.

You’ve just doomed it for them then.

Next season Ipswich should go if you include the comments RH made about Rew

1. Emil Sayfutdinov 

2. Keynan Rew

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Ben Cook

5. Jason Doyle 

6. Dan Thompson

7. Ashton Boughen 

I'd have said Riss over Rew personally as agreed Riss on a 6 hasn't worked out due to his illness but next season on a below 5 average IF fit would be worthwhile 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Next season Ipswich should go if you include the comments RH made about Rew

1. Emil Sayfutdinov 

2. Keynan Rew

3. Ryan Douglas

4. Ben Cook

5. Jason Doyle 

6. Dan Thompson

7. Ashton Boughen 

I'd have said Riss over Rew personally as agreed Riss on a 6 hasn't worked out due to his illness but next season on a below 5 average IF fit would be worthwhile 

38.7 currently so under this years rules, your team is doable and just shows you can build a very good side by retaining the top two. You could also replace Douglas with Ellis giving an extra point, move Thompson to rising star and then find a 4 pointer at 6. There’ll be plenty of options if they go the top heavy route again. 

• Like 2

Or say thanks  Jason and bring in the Dude and have nearly another 2 points to play with. Also I would be trying to find the best young Dane on a 4,,they would be more suited to our track than Rew,,,, and as proved again this year and every year,,, you need a team that will win all it's home meetings 

Edited by Baldyman

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Or say thanks  Jason and bring in the Dude and have nearly another 2 points to play with. Also I would be trying to find the best young Dane on a 4,,they would be more suited to our track than Rew,,,, and as proved again this year and every year,,, you need a team that will win all it's home meetings 

Think Emil Breum has been dubbed as the best young Dane and look how that's worked out for us...

46 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

No thanks 

32 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Think Emil Breum has been dubbed as the best young Dane and look how that's worked out for us...

Quite right. Highly rated but he’s been awful which just shows you it’s always a risk. To be fair to him though he hasn’t been here long so a bit harsh to judge. 

ES 10.14

KR 4.00

RD 6.83

ZC 4.81

JD 9.21

DH 4.00

DT - RS

Thought Zach Cook looked very good at Foxhall this year and Ryan Douglas as well. I do think they will have Erik in the team as why bother keeping him and his average to drop to not have him next year. 

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Quite right. Highly rated but he’s been awful which just shows you it’s always a risk. To be fair to him though he hasn’t been here long so a bit harsh to judge. 

We have the best young Aussie,,, hardly been a success either