British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves v Sheffield PO Semi Final 3rd October 2022

4 hours ago, Col said:

When was the last time Lambert visited Owlerton (or less likely Monmore).  I would suspect he's never visited Owlerton in the top tier of British Speedway, prior to last night Lambert was last at the NSS in March for the Peter Craven memorial and only scored 7!  Fricke and Klindt (who was booked as guest) scored more that night, so going on the form shown that night the Aces were weaker last night with Lambert in the team.

According to Speedway Stats Lambert last visited Owlerton in 2017 and averaged 6.40 from 2 meetings.

Lambert rides Owlerton fairly well - I saw him ride for Newcastle there about 2015 or 16 - at the time he was an up and coming rider who I could tell from that night would go on to do great things! I even had a discussion with some of the Tigers fans about him - he come up against Garrity 3 times that night and lost each time but was close - the locals were crowing a bit - I said to them lets see where they both are on 5 years!! I rest my case

Edited by GeneralMelchett

2 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Lambert rides Owlerton fairly well - I saw him ride for Newcastle there about 2015 or 16 - at the time he was an up and coming rider who I could tell from that night would go on to do great things! I even had a discussion with some of the Tigers fans about him - he come up against Garrity 3 times that night and lost each time but was close - the locals were crowing a bit - I said to them lets see where they both are on 5 years!! I rest my case

Lambert to have last laugh ? 

6 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Lambert rides Owlerton fairly well

And does Fricke?

7 hours ago, The Third Man said:

You aren't comparing like for like, Lambert is a completely different rider, and he has no problems with big tracks in the GPs, did you not see how much faster he was than anyone else last night

Just trying to compare scores at a track. Fricke & Klindt scored more than Lambert when all three riders rode the NSS this year.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:20 PM, Beowulf said:

Congratulations to Sheffield on a good performance. I will be supporting the Tigers against the cheating Aces.

Gracious in defeat as always -_-

Explain the difference between Lambert replacing Fricke in 2022 to Woffinden replacing Kylamkorpi in 2016 please.

36 minutes ago, Col said:

And does Fricke?

Seen Fricke once at Owlerton this year he got 3 I think - two duck eggs in heats 1 and 6 

On balance I’d say Lambert the stronger option 

scrap that Fricke got 9 from 5 (1,1,3,2,2) I confused him with Sam Masters above who got 3 (R,R,2,1) for Wolves in their 44-46 defeat!

still think Lambert the better option (just) 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
Correction

4 hours ago, GAH said:

Lambert to have last laugh ? 

I’d say so last time I heard JG was residing at her (late) majesties pleasure whilst Lambert has done ok for himself in speedway 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Col said:

Explain the difference between Lambert replacing Fricke in 2022 to Woffinden replacing Kylamkorpi in 2016 please.

Easy, Tai came in way before the end of the season. 5 home meetings prior to playoffs, not sure how many away.

9 hours ago, Col said:

The very obvious difference is that the Woffinden team change was entirely within the rules s they were at the time whereas the Lambert one took place under a rulebook that supposedly was written to prevent such changes.

13 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The very obvious difference is that the Woffinden team change was entirely within the rules s they were at the time whereas the Lambert one took place under a rulebook that supposedly was written to prevent such changes.

Woffinden rode league matches not just play off matches 

10 hours ago, Col said:

Easy Woffinden rode 6 league matches before play offs not like Lambert brought in as a ringer for half a semi final and final.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

Easy Woffinden rode 6 league matches before play offs not like Lambert brought in as a ringer for half a semi final and final.

No one is a ringer but lets look at it another way Kylmakorpi  a third heat leader just back from injury set to drop to a number 4 on the next green sheet 4 days after swap replaced mid Aug  by the reigning world champion after one of his other teams has finished their season.

Fricke reigning world pairs champ, G P rider and winner and Belle vue number one with an 8 plus British average out with multiple injuries. Replaced  in Sep/Oct by Lambert World number 5 and fellow GP rider with a 7 plus British average after one of his other teams has finished their season.

Both changes within the rules and both are fine. But if you asked a non speedway person which of these swaps looks like a ringer which one would he say.

Edited by B.V 72

9 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

No one is a ringer but lets look at it another way Kylmakorpi  a third heat leader just back from injury set to drop to a number 4 on the next green sheet 4 days after swap replaced mid Aug  by the reigning world champion after one of his other teams has finished their season.

Fricke reigning world pairs champ, G P rider and winner and Belle vue number one with an 8 plus British average out with multiple injuries. Replaced  in Sep/Oct by Lambert World number 5 and fellow GP rider with a 7 plus British average after one of his other teams has finished their season.

Both changes within the rules and both are fine. But if you asked a non speedway person which of these swaps looks like a ringer which one would he say.

Lambert is not the same rider he was the last time he rode here, where was he in the GPs the last time he rode in the UK, where was he this year, that's the comparison to make to show how far he has progressed

22 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Lambert is not the same rider he was the last time he rode here, where was he in the GPs the last time he rode in the UK, where was he this year, that's the comparison to make to show how far he has progressed

No where near the difference between Woffinden and Kylmakorpi.Plus its a now swap for Fricke and both now are pretty even riders.

Ah just noticed your a Sheffield fan are you one of those people who are happy to win the league against a weakened team.(Its a like for like swap for an injured rider)He's not seen your track in years who knows how well he will go there. 

Edited by B.V 72
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

You could argue that Musielak has progressed in the time between his last season with Swindon and his first season with Sheffield, but he started on the same average.  But using averages for team building the way British Speedway does a rider has to get an average from somewhere.  Should Ipswich have got a reduction on Doyle's average as he is no longer World Champion or Belle Vue a reduction on Zagar's average as he is no longer a GP rider?

Even if Lambert had been reassessed on an 8:00 average as a new GP rider coming into the league would it would still be lower than the average Fricke as attained this season.