British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Hopefully something good will come out of this whole debacle and Play Off meeting will be arranged far, far earlier next season.

I share your hope, can't see anything changing though unfortunately

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Pairs will take precedence, more prestigious.

What a competition that we already no the winners of :rofl:

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Whoever made these arrangements, and I don't care if it was Poole or Leicester, really should be asking themselves why the pay off finals were not held sooner. I was shocked when I saw that Poole were riding in the KO Cup on Wednesday the 12th and the Cubs were riding at BP on Saturday the 15th... Why?!?

I don't know but what I do know is that the whole play-off fixtures have been protracted from the get-go through nobody's fault just the weather.

To begin with both the original stagings of the play-off quarter finals were rained off  home and away. It then took Poole three goes before they managed to complete the away leg at Plymouth then a further three to get past Glasgow in the semi. I expect the KO cup fixture against Redcar had already been scheduled by then so, with over half of October left, it would be assumed there shouldn't have been any difficulty in getting the final legs completed. However, if the first leg against Leicester had been run on the 12th, the KO Cup would now be in a similar position ie., not completed.

Edited by tocha

17 minutes ago, HGould said:

So the one who insisted that Poole had to have choice when they raced Plymouth in the QF as Poole finished higher now changes his tune. 

Forum pillock Slovler. 

For factual reference. 

Leicester are League Champions, clear winners of the Championship League. 

They therefore carry priority to decide who has first pick in Play Off finals and are under no requirement to forgo that. 

If Poole hadn't put testomonial before League and Play Off this situation would not have occurred. 

If the Play Off cannot be completed Leicester are Champions based on League positions. Morally, ethically, pragmatically. 

Every club comes to the tapes knowing whoever wins the playoffs are champions, so if Leicester can't run there leg, then I'm afraid that makes Poole champions 

14 minutes ago, HGould said:

The track guy has already explained in detail the extraordinary lengths they've gone to in order to remove huge amounts of water from the drains. 

Locals have confirmed that it's rained pretty much every day for about 2 weeks. 

Cool your stooshie, the word is "ironic"!

6 minutes ago, tocha said:

I don't know but what I do know is that the whole play-off fixtures have been protracted from the get-go through nobody's fault just the weather.

To begin with both the original stagings of the play-off quarter finals were rained off  home and away. It then took Poole three goes before they managed to complete the away leg at Plymouth then a further three to get past Glasgow in the semi. I expect the KO cup fixture against Redcar had already been scheduled by then so, with over half of October left, it would be assumed there shouldn't have been any difficulty in getting the final legs completed. However, if the first leg against Leicester had been run on the 12th, the KO Cup would now be in a similar position ie., not completed.

I think the word you're looking for is "complacency"

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HGould said:

The track guy has already explained in detail the extraordinary lengths they've gone to in order to remove huge amounts of water from the drains. 

Locals have confirmed that it's rained pretty much every day for about 2 weeks. 

Should have been switched to a neutral track then! It's not as if the Bates family don't have previous experience is it?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

What a competition that we already no the winners of :rofl:

You KNOW it’s not decided yet?

Top league more important whether you like it or not.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Yeah so much more important it needs to go to a Championship track with no issues!  Err oh hang on.........

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yeah so much more important it needs to go to a Championship track with no issues!  Err oh hang on.........

Leicester are premier now also nearest neutral to Sheffield. Knowledge.

9 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Let's see how many are there Monday night, compared to Sunday night 

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Let's see how many are there Monday night, compared to Sunday night 

Obviously, no home track fans Monday brains.

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Leicester are premier now also nearest neutral to Sheffield. Knowledge.

Championship 2022

Premiership 2023

1 minute ago, Trackrat said:

Obviously, no home track fans Monday brains.

Leicester fans not going Monday then doughnut 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Leicester fans not going Monday then doughnut 

Sorry, didn’t realise they were in it as the home track. Help me.