British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

21 minutes ago, Pinny said:

In all fairness, by that comment then Poole deserved to win it in about 2011 when Coventry were 20 odd points behind in the league table and won the playoffs at Poole? 

Poole did win in 2011. Coventry finished rock bottom. Poole finished 24 points about Coventry in 2010 but they had Shamek at reserve after some very dodgy manipulation. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

What happens if the weather intervenes again?

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well seeing as my info came from one of the Leicester trackman who actually posted this info on here, perhaps you should catch up with the thread. That’s exactly what they intend to do.

Which one? As I as one of the track curators, I have never met you, have never spoken to you, have never msg you, so would be very interested how you get your information? 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Which one? As I as one of the track curators, I have never met you, have never spoken to you, have never msg you, so would be very interested how you get your information? 

You! You posted on here about the track and what you were doing! I repeated it!

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You! You posted on here about the track and what you were doing! I repeated it!

Not correct, go back through the posts, the only thing I put on this forum was why the back straight and corner looked such a mess due to having to take water from the drains and off the track to dispose of it all outside, I have not posted since then !! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Not correct, go back through the posts, the only thing I put on this forum was why the back straight and corner looked such a mess due to having to take water from the drains and off the track to dispose of it all outside, I have not posted since then !! 

It was said on here the track was going to be bladed back to base and then a light dressing added so that the meeting would go ahead and any rain would be swept off.

If you go back several pages the post can be found. Might have been Flagrag who posted it, who is very reliable. In which case I apologise to you.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

46 minutes ago, Neila said:

All glory hunters stopping at yam 

No they are not, all those fans are regulars , but i wouldn't think the majority will now go having been let down 3 times. Sadly Dan had to cancel the coaches . As somebody else eluded to, BSM will be the winners now, but Leicester will lose somewhere in the region of £3 k plus on the gate hard cash.
I still hope we win, but you cannot bugger fans around like that.

Edited by Starman2006

On 10/31/2022 at 3:16 PM, flagrag said:

As long as no rain on Friday then it should be good to go as there will be no dirt on the track to get waterlogged until the day of the meeting, That is the plan I am led to believe once they have taken it all off to the stone/concrete base any water should just run off and be brushed away during the week.

There you go. Or is Flagrag  making it up? I have always found him spot on.

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was said on here the track was going to be bladed back to base and then a light dressing added so that the meeting would go ahead and any rain would be swept off.

If you go back several pages the post can be found. Might have been Flagrag who posted it, who is very reliable.

Yes I have seen this post, but unless you know differently Flagrag is not a track curator at Leicester,  so your post is miss leading. 

Yes several of his comments are incorrect. 

Edited by BTFC LION
More info.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Yes I have seen this post, but unless you know differently Flagrag is not a track curator at Leicester,  so your post is miss leading. 

So Flagrag was wrong and posted misleading information? 

I have always found Flagrag posts spot on and accurate but clearly not this time.
Perhaps you should have picked up Flagrag on his post as most on here believe what he posts as correct.

As you are the trackman at Leicester there is no reason not to believe you.  But I am sure Flagrag didn’t post his information to mislead everyone.

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Flagrag was wrong and posted misleading information? 

I have always found Flagrag posts spot on and accurate but clearly not this time.
Perhaps you should have picked up Flagrag on his post as most on here believe what he posts as correct.

As you are the trackman at Leicester there is no reason not to believe you.  But I am sure Flagrag didn’t post his information to mislead everyone.

My only problem was that you said it was information from a trackman at Leicester,  

People can post what they like and what they think is right , 

I work all day, then straight to the track after work most nights, so don't have time to read everything, I was alerted to you post by phone call today, that's why I reacted to it. In fact I have had to read about 9 pages just to catch up with it all. Please be more careful with who you credit your information from.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

My only problem was that you said it was information from a trackman at Leicester,  

People can post what they like and what they think is right , 

I work all day, then straight to the track after work most nights, so don't have time to read everything, I was alerted to you post by phone call today, that's why I reacted to it. In fact I have had to read about 9 pages just to catch up with it all. Please be more careful with who you credit your information from.

People can post what they like but although I am very active on this forum I do try to make sure my posts are accurate.

Flagrag has a good reputation on here and has posted for many years so there was no reason not to believe him. I am sure his post wasn’t intentially misleading.

Hopefully, and judging by the picture posted earlier it’s all systems go for Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

....... and judging by the picture posted earlier it’s all systems go for Friday. 

Amen to that, me old sparring partner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

Amen to that, me old sparring partner.

You there? Come and say hello. Will be on first bend.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You there? Come and say hello. Will be on first bend.

Hey, I'm the host (well, sort of, seeing as I'm really a Bees fan). You come and see me. B)

• Haha 1