British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

The promotion already have a team in the Premiership, so I don't know why people are thinking Leicester won't be able to cope financially.

Edited by proud panther
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Arlington had lights on centre green and outside track

Lakeside had lights on centre green. 

Benefit is they avoid dark areas beneath bags. 

Best of course are lights over track like a lot of the older dog tracks. 

Didn't King's Lynn used to also before their centre green was concreted... used to be protected by giant tractor tyres, or am I thinking of Eastie?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Perhaps they can use the motorway blade from Swindon to fill in the pot holes in the car park for starters!

Now come on, don't we all enjoy trying not to trip up over the collapsible bollard on the footpath after a meeting and the ankle breaking jeopardy as you try and get to your car?! ;)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

Didn't King's Lynn used to also before their centre green was concreted... used to be protected by giant tractor tyres, or am I thinking of Eastie?

I think they did. 

Watched Stocks feature on Top Gear from KL the other week and it looks awful with that concrete. 

Not been to KL for about 20 years. Used to be brilliant track in the 70s and 80s.

Shame they couldn't have put some green dye in the concrete mix. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Now come on, don't we all enjoy trying not to trip up over the collapsible bollard on the footpath after a meeting and the ankle breaking jeopardy as you try and get to your car?! ;)

Whilst trying to avoid a hit and run from the golf buggy that can't wait a few minutes for the crowd to clear. I'm genuinely surprised somebody hasn't been seriously injured!

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Perhaps they can use the motorway blade from Swindon to fill in the pot holes in the car park for starters!

The revised planning requirements included the car park being tarmacked over with parking places marked out. This is the landlord's responsibility (Mr Hemsley). So if anyone incurs an injury, you know who to threaten legal action with. 

I wonder if the Swindon equipment had been acquired sooner, would the second leg of the final have been run at Leicester?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

Whilst trying to avoid a hit and run from the golf buggy that can't wait a few minutes for the crowd to clear. I'm genuinely surprised somebody hasn't been seriously injured!

Needs a separate golf buggy lane to be built. With a couple of chicanes;)

11 minutes ago, Big Al said:

The revised planning requirements included the car park being tarmacked over with parking places marked out. This is the landlord's responsibility (Mr Hemsley). So if anyone incurs an injury, you know who to threaten legal action with. 

I wonder if the Swindon equipment had been acquired sooner, would the second leg of the final have been run at Leicester?

I know about the planning permission to tarmac the car park and mark it out but I think that's unlikely to happen. I don't park in the car park but it's a definite put off trying to walk through it especially when the pot holes are full of water! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I’m really impressed with how Leicester are keeping everyone informed of all the goings on etc regarding 2023. Signing news. Track upgrades. All positive stuff. Pboro. Belle vue and Ipswich haven’t heard a peep from their promotions !

Tbf to belle Vue. We have an event on 8th December to tell us all that. And rider reveals. So no point telling us now. Always better to find out in person 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Tbf to belle Vue. We have an event on 8th December to tell us all that. And rider reveals. So no point telling us now. Always better to find out in person 

But we already know Dan Bewley has signed... where's the reveal in that? I hope you all look suitably surprised when he takes his Santa beard off... ho ho ho :D

14 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Ah cool I didn’t know that ! At least they not leaving it to last minute like this season !

7 hours ago, HGould said:

The problem at Leicester isn't so much the lights but the height the Poles are at.

The lux levels projected by the current lights are too low for TV coverage once the sun begins to set. The improved lighting will enable more flexibility in planning for Lions fixtures to be considered throughout the season rather than being limited to the short period of weeks when maximum daylight hours prevail. 

Edited by 1 valve

Not sure where they could be situated - but we could do with more seats / better 'grandstand' ??

8 hours ago, HGould said:

The problem at Leicester isn't so much the lights but the height the Poles are at. They are too low and you get a dark area by the Air Fence.

If they are that height due to Planning the obvious solution would be to put some on the Centre Green aimed at the base of the Air bags. 

Get a few taller Poles in. The bloke who delivered my DPD parcel today will do for starters - well over 6 foot

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

You have virtually told us the team, so 8th December is  bit of an anti climax.