British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think you have a very strong top four, arguably the strongest in the PL , Sedgman was good for Sheffield last season, in the play offs he was very good, Allen has been going downhill for a couple of seasons so not expecting much from him, no idea what is wrong with Mountain, can only assume he has fell out with someone at Leicester.

Why does it have to be a falling out? There is no room for seniment in speedway, if the promotion firmly believe that Allen will score and average more than Mountain then it's as simple as that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Pinched is an interesting view...... BV had Bewley coming back, Harris by the sounds of things, was moving on anyway and not sure on Lawson's situation.

Decent team for sure, as mentioned above, a lot depends on Ippo and Panthers final team, on par with Lynn, but falls short on BV and Sheffield currently for me. 

I'm pretty sure Peterborough would have liked to keep Harris and Lawson is kings Lynn number 1. Don't get the stick with Lawson. He's a number 1. He was the best rider for kings Lynn last year. What more can he do? Maybe we didn't pinch fricke but if bewley wasnt available Fricke would be back there for sure.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why does it have to be a falling out? There is no room for seniment in speedway, if the promotion firmly believe that Allen will score and average more than Mountain then it's as simple as that. 

I think it's just that. Allen is deemed a better rider than mountain..a for Allen scored 11 last season at Leicester riding at 3. That's a good return for someone up against a strong heat leader trio.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Pinched is an interesting view...... BV had Bewley coming back, Harris by the sounds of things, was moving on anyway and not sure on Lawson's situation.

Decent team for sure, as mentioned above, a lot depends on Ippo and Panthers final team, on par with Lynn, but falls short on BV and Sheffield currently for me. 

Michael Palm Toft was always returning to Lynn for 2023 season. That is why Lawson had to move on. You got more chance of being the pope than them 2 racing in the same team. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JackPells said:

Michael Palm Toft was always returning to Lynn for 2023 season. That is why Lawson had to move on. You got more chance of being the pope than them 2 racing in the same team. 

Was also said on Monday night that Leicester offered him a good deal and he wanted to cut down on his travelling.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Was also said on Monday night that Leicester offered him a good deal and he wanted to cut down on his travelling.

I'd love tofty at Leicester. Always liked watching him ride

Looks the weakest of the sides assembled so far. Banking on either Sedgmen or Allen to really hit the ground running. Either should be fine as a 6, but have my doubts when they'll be needed in the main body. 

1 hour ago, JackPells said:

Whats their issue then,why don't they get on?

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Whats their issue then,why don't they get on?

Might be something to do with this.......

On 12/14/2022 at 6:53 AM, szkocjasid said:

Anyone think Kye Thomson would have been a better choice than Allen?

For what? Making coffee on them cold nites, Allen far more talented if you follow speedway hence why they signed him

15 hours ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Picked Allen on a 4.00 average rather than Mountain on 3.38/3.39... very strange

Maybe it was Mountain's CL average that swayed Stewart Dickson's mind in making his decision. Hopefully Connor will take up the challenge, put a point or two on his CL average, and make himself into a rider who any PL club would like to include in their team.

The decision also may have taken account of the potential to win heats 2 and 8 on a regular basis, especially at home. Again, SD may have concluded that Allen or Sedgemen are more likely to provide race wins in these heats than Mountain.

Edited by Big Al

I think it was Connors from around Leicester that was the concern for not using him in the PL.

Connor himself has openly admitted that he likes the Leicester track more when it’s slicker and less dirt on the outside.

Unfortunately for him Bomber,Richard Lawson and Nick Morris have signed on the assumption of Stewart creating a grippy deeper track for them to race on. Dan T also prefers a deeper track too.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 8:53 PM, szkocjasid said:

Anyone think Kye Thomson would have been a better choice than Allen?

23 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

For what? Making coffee on them cold nites, Allen far more talented if you follow speedway hence why they signed him

If Allen is "far more talented", why does he have a lower Champ ave than Thomson?

• Like 1