British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

3 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Perhaps Dan will go to Ipswich in place of Joe.

Apparently, Anders Rowe is heading in that direction

Jesus Christ! Even team managers are doubling up now! So we now have a sport where Promoters, Riders & Managers all double up... just when you think any more sporting integrity can't be lost, it happens again!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

Jesus Christ! Even team managers are doubling up now! So we now have a sport where Promoters, Riders & Managers all double up... just when you think any more sporting integrity can't be lost, it happens again!

It's a joke 

• Like 1

Dan T does seem to have struggled a bit more at home than I expected maybe the track is too smooth now and the advantage he had with track knowledge has gone.

I also don’t think he has bonded with the other team members that well, He was very much on his own at Peterborough and Ipswich. He also didn’t come to the Ipswich meeting at home but did go to a Cubs meeting.

The slight concern I have with Kemp is being able to maintain the form and also as others have said he has brought his Polish bikes over but what happens at the end of this month when he takes theM back 

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Kemp your new RS 

Bit hard on Dan, as he was doing his job, but should make Leicester stronger, so can't complain!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Dans girlfriend isn't a happy bunny. Just reacted with angry emoji to the Facebook announcement.

Do you have link, can't find an official Leicester Speedway FB page?

3 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

Dans girlfriend isn't a happy bunny. Just reacted with angry emoji to the Facebook announcement.

How very dare she..... :rofl:

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

The slight concern I have with Kemp is being able to maintain the form and also as others have said he has brought his Polish bikes over but what happens at the end of this month when he takes theM back 

he'll leave the bikes here and build up more in Poland/Germany

Edited by stevehone

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Bit hard on Dan, as he was doing his job, but should make Leicester stronger, so can't complain!

Might do him a favour, won't now have the loyalty he may have had for Leicester and kick on with another club.

7 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Might do him a favour, won't now have the loyalty he may have had for Leicester and kick on with another club.

I don't think there's any need for him to "kick on" at another club. I'd suggest a 5 point Champ rider, getting a 3.1 ave in his first Prem season is already showing good progress.

Averaging better than Rowe, Edwards, Thomas, Mulford, Jenkins & Palin did in their first "rising star" opportunities.

If he gets another RS spot & carries on with his current form, he's done well for me!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think there's any need for him to "kick on" at another club. I'd suggest a 5 point Champ rider, getting a 3.1 ave in his first Prem season is already showing good progress.

Averaging better than Rowe, Edwards, Thomas, Mulford, Jenkins & Palin did in their first "rising star" opportunities.

If he gets another RS spot & carries on with his current form, he's done well for me!

Seems to compound the feeling it maybe a silly decision, dropping a level headed young man on the up for someone who seems to have history who may do better? 

6 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Seems to compound the feeling it maybe a silly decision, dropping a level headed young man on the up for someone who seems to have history who may do better? 

I think it's the right decision to help Leicester make the play-offs. But wanted to show how I feel Dan T has done nothing wrong!

Sadly this sort of change is not anything new in Speedway, look at Joe T losing his team spot at Scunny as they couldn't find a replacement for Kennedy!