PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I'd  say about the same, maybe a tad lower at the start of the season

I'd  not quibble with that assessment

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I'd be really interested to hear from regular Leicester fans as to what Premiership attendances are like compared to the last couple of years at Championship level on Saturdays?

You thinking of buying? :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

You thinking of buying? :D

Not a chance! Just wondering if going Prem rather than the bigger league is paying off?;)

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not a chance! Just wondering if going Prem rather than the bigger league is paying off?;)

I'd say it is and isn't paying off. Crowds are slightly down and I've found the racing less exciting but we are winning on the track which is giving lions fans a buzz.

2 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

I'd say it is and isn't paying off. Crowds are slightly down and I've found the racing less exciting but we are winning on the track which is giving lions fans a buzz.

Don't forget the wage bill will also be higher

On 7/26/2023 at 11:20 AM, iainb said:

Sam Ermolenko apparently according to the Speedway Tavern podcast he missed a drug test at a test match at Hackney back around 1987 and was suspended until it was overturned on appeal

Only in Speedway :D

As is the way it should be done. People awaiting trial for murder don’t get bail, they’re kept in custody until their trial. It stops them reoffending if they are guilty. 

• Haha 1

I think it was Damien Bates who said, not too long ago, that Leicester more or less runs itself and that employing Stewart Dickson had been the key to that. He may have also mentioned the invaluable and voluntary time contributions by certain others.

I've no idea how much day to day, direct involvement that Marc Bates may have taken on since then albeit that his name appears as Co-promoter alongside those of David Darcy and Dickson.

When he puts "health" as the main reason for the decision by the Bateses for seeking a buyer for Leicester, I wonder whose health he's referring to. Is it his own, or that of others?

20 minutes ago, Big Al said:

When he puts "health" as the main reason for the decision by the Bateses for seeking a buyer for Leicester, I wonder whose health he's referring to. Is it his own, or that of others?

Does it really matter. He wants to sell it, that's his prerogative. 

41 minutes ago, justathought said:

Does it really matter. He wants to sell it, that's his prerogative. 

Does anything matter?

Wonder if they'll have "For Sale" banners adorning the air bags on Monday if the TV Cameras are in town :D

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Wonder if they'll have "For Sale" banners adorning the air bags on Monday if the TV Cameras are in town :D

Thats a good idea, they could walk around into the view of the cameras.

16 hours ago, iainb said:

Quite a few possible Bogoff deals around for speedway clubs at the moment, unfortunately. I presume with the Leicester sale, the Cubs would be included within any deal?

44 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

I presume with the Leicester sale, the Cubs would be included within any deal?

I wonder if that makes a profit... currently there are no Cubs in the senior team, I assume they're getting loan fees for some of the asseted riders