British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

How does Chris Holder's average fit for Leicester?

• Like 1

Wonder if the new owners move Leicester back to Saturday nights next season? Obviously depending on if we find a buyer and the prem/championship remains?

17 hours ago, iainb said:

How does Chris Holder's average fit for Leicester?

Holder's last average in the UK was 7.16 (back in 2017). Assuming that still stands, by my maths, the following could be accommodated:

Cook & Allen out

Holder & Joe Thompson in.

Overall improvement?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Holder's last average in the UK was 7.16 (back in 2017). Assuming that still stands, by my maths, the following could be accommodated:

Cook & Allen out

Holder & Joe Thompson in.

Overall improvement?

I'd do it (if it's affordable and providing you can have 2 "rising stars" in 1 team)... Cook is a waste of space, tough on Allen though who I didn't fancy at the start of the season but to be fair has been a pretty decent reserve all season

Edited by iainb

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'd do it (if it's affordable)... Cook is a waste of space, tough on Allen though who I didn't fancy at the start of the season but to be fair has been a pretty decent reserve all season

Couldn't we sign Connor Mountain?

6 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

Couldn't we sign Connor Mountain?

Now you're talking :D

He's already an asset

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Now you're talking :D

He's already an asset

I was standing with his sponsor last night and said one of the Leicester employees had to drive up to King's Lynn to collect his kevlars. Think Connor was miffed at being dropped. 

I wish I stayed at the end of the meeting last night for only two riders turning up to talk to the fans which is a shame. I heard a few fans were a little wound up and a friend of mine even got a message saying to stop shouting at Stewart dickson . Well he didn't even show up. 

17 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

I wish I stayed at the end of the meeting last night for only two riders turning up to talk to the fans which is a shame. I heard a few fans were a little wound up and a friend of mine even got a message saying to stop shouting at Stewart dickson . Well he didn't even show up. 

Nope, none of the crowd were wound up everybody showed the two that did turn up due respect

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Nope, none of the crowd were wound up everybody showed the two that did turn up due respect

Thank god for that 

Richard Lawson riding at Redcar tonight in what looks remarkably like a Sheffield race suit B)

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Maybe its the one from 2020!

Don't spoil my rumour :D

• Haha 1