British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

2 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

According to the SGB website, Dickson will team manage at both Leicester and Berwick next year, which would suggest the clubs will be in the Premiership and Championship respectively. Stewart took a lot of stick for the Lions falling off a cliff this season, but I still believe he is the right man for the club and obviously has the backing of the new owner/s (whoever that is).

That, also, might suggest that Birmingham are moving into the premier. 

He will get it right with this team next season 

fricke masters Douglas Becker Lawson kerr

real good team he’s putting together 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'll have some of that, hope you're right! If my sums are correct, that brings the team total to 42.3 points for the top six. Assuming the usual 2.5% team building reduction for Brits, that brings the total down to 42 points, which is what some have mentioned being the new limit. What could go wrong!

Just now, Teromaafan said:

..... What could go wrong!

The AGM

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

That would be a cracking side depending on the points limit

1 minute ago, Aries said:

When is that this year?

10th November I believe

• Like 1

21 hours ago, justathought said:

That, also, might suggest that Birmingham are moving into the premier. 

Birmingham have said they are 80% confident of running next year. And it'll be Mondays in the Premiership. Mondays are the only day the stadium/greyhound owners will allow speedway next year.

All I can is after the complete pisstake of the NL KO final I can see why younger fans don't turn up again..

29 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

All I can is after the complete pisstake of the NL KO final I can see why younger fans don't turn up again..

Agree. Not totally sure how bad the track is but this is becoming a habit as far as Leicester are concerned and it is about time that the BSPL and management of clubs got together and stopped the farcical situation of finals taking place in October. Most clubs have enough blank dates in the summer months and it is about time that a crack down took place not least on the cancellation on a whim which seems to be catching. Years back riders raced notwithstanding and got on with it, now you have whimps and those in charge need to get real about the sport that they are involved in and do whatever it takes to get a meeting on.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

There were a lot of unhappy fans at Leicester tonight. The coach load of Mildenhall folks must have been especially put out. The ones I spoke to were, for sure.
I understand that there was rain around 3:00 this afternoon. If that caused the so called track problems, there was plenty of time to call off the meeting. One or more local riders (the twins for example) could have come to the track early and tested conditions. 

7 minutes ago, False dawn said:

There were a lot of unhappy fans at Leicester tonight. The coach load of Mildenhall folks must have been especially put out. The ones I spoke to were, for sure.
I understand that there was rain around 3:00 this afternoon. If that caused the so called track problems, there was plenty of time to call off the meeting. One or more local riders (the twins for example) could have come to the track early and tested conditions. 

I literally said this earlier. Why didn't one of the twins come and practice earlier. There fairly local as well. God I'm so annoyed

2 hours round trip in the car and eighteen quid to watch . . . . . . . a parade.

Ridiculous.

The sport sure knows how to shoot itself in the foot. Several Peterborough fans there tonight, testing the water it would seem, I’ll bet they weren’t impressed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

2 hours round trip in the car and eighteen quid to watch . . . . . . . a parade.

Ridiculous.

The sport sure knows how to shoot itself in the foot. Several Peterborough fans there tonight, testing the water it would seem, I’ll bet they weren’t impressed.

The track wasn't great but I don't know where to start on who to blame. Club could have been more transparent on track conditions earlier to warn fans. They could have got one of twins to race on it earlier to see how bad it was. I can't fault Stewart or Graham the track man. Graham worked all day on it and told me it was fine from he could see. A man whose been doing it for many years by the way. I spoke to ref before and after the meeting, he said the track looked solid and fine (an hour before tapes up) and even during the track walk the riders had zero complaints. The ref said after he was surprised at the riders not wanting to ride it. I was standing right by the pits and can honestly say Lee Complin made zero effort to even hold on to the bike. He was the only rider to fall off TWICE by the way (twice the age of Dan Thompson)  Even Ben Trigger done a wheelie before! What is it with Leicesters track in October? Those poor Mildenhall fans who made the long journey to leicester must be just as annoyed as I am.