British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2023

On 12/31/2022 at 1:14 PM, lewy said:

Roynon is Poole bound,which is a pity Plymouth would be a good fit for him he likes the track, the promotion rate him and he would score good points for us. I think at Poole he will be dropped before the playoffs to make way for a new asset imo.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:16 PM, HGould said:

Ablitt was always the best 2 point option available and still is. 

Once signed by Poole there was no better 2 point option at any stage of 2022.

Roynon will be dumped just as soon as a 4 point Aussie proves fitness and their overall team average will be manipulated to facilitate that scenarii

It's a shame Roynon can't see that probability as he'd have been a key player at The Coliseum. 

It's a shame Ablitt has committed to Polish U24 on a Tuesday as he'd have been a far better option than Trigger who's nowhere near ready. 

Quite a few riders who rode well for Poole at reserve got dumped when their averages went up, Hans Andersen, Artur Mroczka, Renat Gafurov & Drew Kemp spring to mind. I guess it's a risk a rider has to be willing to make, improve your average & you may get dropped!

Edited by szkocjasid

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Quite a few riders who rode well for Poole at reserve got dumped when their averages went up, Hans Andersen, Artur Mroczka, Renat Gafurov & Drew Kemp spring to mind. I guess it's a risk a rider has to be willing to make, improve your average & you may get dropped!

Think you will find your wrong with Hans Andersen he was retained in 2002 after attaining a mid 6 average from reserve in 2001 the rider that wasn’t retained was Krzysztof Cegielski 

1 hour ago, PTW said:

Think you will find your wrong with Hans Andersen he was retained in 2002 after attaining a mid 6 average from reserve in 2001 the rider that wasn’t retained was Krzysztof Cegielski 

Yeah I went via my memory rather than looking it up, but I guess that means they dropped the stronger rider & kept the weaker one. Not meant as a dig at Poole, who want to win no matter what. But certainly think Roynon is more likely to get a full season if he signed for Plymouth rather than Poole.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PTW said:

This is not entirely correct. Krzysztof qualified for the SGP in 2002 but lost his place in the Poole team because of the ruling that year restricting clubs to just one GP rider so he moved to Eastbourne. Poole already had Tony Rickardsson who joined them in 2001.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tocha said:

This is not entirely correct. Krzysztof qualified for the SGP in 2002 but lost his place in the Poole team because of the ruling that year restricting clubs to just one GP rider so he moved to Eastbourne. Poole already had Tony Rickardsson who joined them in 2001.

Can't remember the exact reason but he never rode for Eastbourne in 2002( may have been a Saturday night fixture problem),and we ended up with Mark Loram  instead which may have been our choice when he became available. Having said that he was amazing for Poole even around the tight track the couple of times I saw him at Arlington. 

Edited by gazzac

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Good to see Plymouth has got a new main sponsor for the season happy days.

Great news have you got a link ?

I haven’t I read it in the speedway star there called prow park and based in Newquay I believe they were a sponsor last year and now have become the main sponsor hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Good to see Plymouth has got a new main sponsor for the season happy days.

How did Z.Cook ride the track when he was there ..Do u think he will be ok at Wolves this year ?????...both Small tracks..

On 1/5/2023 at 11:59 AM, gazzac said:

Can't remember the exact reason but he never rode for Eastbourne in 2002( may have been a Saturday night fixture problem),and we ended up with Mark Loram  instead which may have been our choice when he became available. Having said that he was amazing for Poole even around the tight track the couple of times I saw him at Arlington. 

Cegeilski was excellent on small tracks. I remember he scored 16 on his first visit to Kirky Lane. A very good rider whose career was bitterly cut short.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cegeilski was excellent on small tracks. I remember he scored 16 on his first visit to Kirky Lane. A very good rider whose career was bitterly cut short.

One of my favorite riders, so exciting to watch. Such a shame to have his career cut short. 

• Like 2