British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

That 62-28 over Wolves didn't do us any favours. When the Oct green sheets came out, every Wolves rider had dropped their ave, and the team as a whole dropped 3.40. While as you say ours went up to second highest. I'd say someone/team was on the ball;)

That's the problem with current GSA rules, big wins cause big swings in averages. Needs to be over more matches to give a more realistic figures. Can't remember what it used to be, but presume they were trying to 'fix' some anomalies but just cause different ones. Needs relooking at

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

That's the problem with current GSA rules, big wins cause big swings in averages. Needs to be over more matches to give a more realistic figures. Can't remember what it used to be, but presume they were trying to 'fix' some anomalies but just cause different ones. Needs relooking at

Yes this is always how BSPL rules work. Some promoter thinks they've been 'cheated' and whines like a six year old until BSPL change rules without considering knock-on effects of rule change. In this case I think it was because riders who missed part of 2021 season still had 2019 results hanging around in their green sheets.

(also see changes to IRR) 

2 hours ago, kelvinht said:

As long as the rules are in place for signings then can they not start afresh from the beginning of each season?

They need to tell the fans the potential rule changes before putting them in place, we'll tell them all the loop holes, then they can shut them :D Rule book will be thicker than it already is but that's speedway, every promoter is scouring for loopholes

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Yes this is always how BSPL rules work. Some promoter thinks they've been 'cheated' and whines like a six year old until BSPL change rules without considering knock-on effects of rule change. In this case I think it was because riders who missed part of 2021 season still had 2019 results hanging around in their green sheets.

Or 2018 in the case of some and these will hang over into next season. 2018-2023 crazy but cartel backed. Also if it’s true about the last meeting not counting towards averages, what’s all that about aside from cartel supreme wanting it?

A normal fixture ran during the season but not counting. That’s a difficult sell even for BSF. 

6 minutes ago, ouch said:

Or 2018 in the case of some and these will hang over into next season. 2018-2023 crazy but cartel backed. Also if it’s true about the last meeting not counting towards averages, what’s all that about aside from cartel supreme wanting it?

A normal fixture ran during the season but not counting. That’s a difficult sell even for BSF. 

Was your new  lawyer recommended by the "cartel" ?.  World number 5 on a 2019 average of 7.61, just to win the play offs. Nice if you can get it;). I'm curious would you have him back next season on a 7.61 as he didn't have enough meetings for a proper average? like Jakobsen did for Lynn.

18 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

He finished 2017 on 9.29. I take it that would be his average. I'm not sure if i would want him on that.

We need to freshen things up a little.

On 10/26/2022 at 6:57 AM, kelvinht said:

Last year it was a 20 match rolling ave, this year down to 10 matches. Not sure why they changed it tbh!

On 10/26/2022 at 8:24 AM, arnieg said:

Could not agree more, make a rule change to fix problem A, which causes problem B.

On 10/26/2022 at 9:28 AM, Trees said:

As long as the rules are in place for signings then can they not start afresh from the beginning of each season?

They need to tell the fans the potential rule changes before putting them in place, we'll tell them all the loop holes, then they can shut them :D Rule book will be thicker than it already is but that's speedway, every promoter is scouring for loopholes

100% agree with that, I often see flaws with new rules brought in & wonder why experienced promoters didn't?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

100% agree with that, I often see flaws with new rules brought in & wonder why experienced promoters didn't?

I think some promoters do see the flaws,but they know they can use those flaws to their advantage at certain points in the season.So they choose to turn a blind eye to it and hope others don't object to it.Then if more promoters want the flawed rule than not it will be voted in anyway.This is why we need an independent body set up.

• Like 4

What is a actually required, is to apply a multiplier to points scored dependant on the position a rider was in team. It's a lot easier to score 6 from a reserve position than from a heat leader. Downside is it makes things very complicated!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think some promoters do see the flaws,but they know they can use those flaws to their advantage at certain points in the season.So they choose to turn a blind eye to it and hope others don't object to it.Then if more promoters want the flawed rule than not it will be voted in anyway.This is why we need an independent body set up.

I'm 100% sure that's the damn case so bloody well change the system, pees us fans off!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kelvinht said:

What is a actually required, is to apply a multiplier to points scored dependant on the position a rider was in team. It's a lot easier to score 6 from a reserve position than from a heat leader. Downside is it makes things very complicated!!

Simplest way to do that would be to ignore heats 2,8,13&15 from average calculations?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Simplest way to do that would be to ignore heats 2,8,13&15 from average calculations?

I think it would be sufficient just to exclude heat 2 - the Poles used to do that a few years ago. Another thing we might borrow from them is to throw away highest and lowest scores before calculating averages which makes manipulation more difficult.

• Like 3

Ignore Heat 2 and 15 and remove highest and lowest score - that'll do the job nicely  :t: