British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I’ve heard Lawson gone. Don’t know where to but I can only guess pboro or Leicester?

Leicester I'm guessing. Dickson likes him and rides Leicester well. Wouldn't be a statement signing but would be worth a the risk on his average. 

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Using this year's team building rules:

King's Lynn  
Nicolai Klindt 7.68
Richard Lawson 7.71
Michael P Toft 6.86
Josh Pickering 6.14
Troy Batchelor 5.57
Frederik Jakobsen 5.04
Jack Thomas RS
Jason Edwards RS
Total 39.00

Lawson gone to Leicester apparently   and the only bachelor I can see being at kl is the cuppa soup variety.The rumour mill also suggests that the rising star scheme has been scrapped  which in my opinion is insane

3 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Lawson gone to Leicester apparently   and the only bachelor I can see being at kl is the cuppa soup variety.The rumour mill also suggests that the rising star scheme has been scrapped, which in my opinion is insane

Until riders are announced, I'll keep putting them in any team predictions. I've also heard the RS is gonna be scrapped (agree is a daft idea) but all I can do till new rules are announced is go with current ones!

5 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I’ve heard Lawson gone. Don’t know where to but I can only guess pboro or Leicester?

4 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Leicester I'm guessing. Dickson likes him and rides Leicester well. Wouldn't be a statement signing but would be worth a the risk on his average. 

As Lawson's ave shot up in his last couple of matches I wouldn't be keen on him (unless teams can't find other riders to reach the points limit).

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

As Lawson's ave shot up in his last couple of matches I wouldn't be keen on him (unless teams can't find other riders to reach the points limit).

Feck sake, so you don't trust him to carry on where he left off, you could say he has that average for good reason!  I know promoters try to build teams with riders who are up and coming or seemingly on a false average (Frederik who's both I guess lol) but a proven points scorer you just want to drop hmmmmm

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Feck sake, so you don't trust him to carry on where he left off, you could say he has that average for good reason!  I know promoters try to build teams with riders who are up and coming or seemingly on a false average (Frederik who's both I guess lol) but a proven points scorer you just want to drop hmmmmm

The change in the calculation of the Green Sheets from 20 matches, down to 10 is the problem.  A sample of 20 matches reflects consistency, whereas the smaller sample is more likely to be skewed by a couple of very good form or very poor form scores.

In 2022, Lawson averaged 6.75 from 19 Prem matches. His Green Sheet from the last 10 is 7.91 ... his average from the first 9 was 5.56 ...

• Like 5

Don't forget Lawson wasn't fully fit in the early part of the season. For a rider of his calibre in a league not as strong as it was a few years back, 7.91 is easily achievable. You won't any improvement on that, but you should get a decent solid (second?) heat leader

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The change in the calculation of the Green Sheets from 20 matches, down to 10 is the problem.  A sample of 20 matches reflects consistency, whereas the smaller sample is more likely to be skewed by a couple of very good form or very poor form scores.

In 2022, Lawson averaged 6.75 from 19 Prem matches. His Green Sheet from the last 10 is 7.91 ... his average from the first 9 was 5.56 ...

Yeah I get that, it would be good to read the story of his season really because he showed in 2021 what he can do home and away and in 2022 that he can capture that form again. What if he starts 2023 in the same form as the end of this season and has another stellar season like 2021? Who knows, I dunno what Lynn's plan is let alone Richard's lol

• Like 1

Can see both sides of the Lawson argument, he has been excellent in his two seasons with us but just under eight is a lot.

Klindt has been mentioned but not sure he would start the season here over Sweden. Would welcome MPT if he is fully fit and one could argue that he and Lawson wouldn't be in the same team anyway.

Pickering a must but can see most teams wanting him on that average. Don't think Kerr has a future here and Jorgensen's late season showings have probably got him another contract if he didn't have one already.

Apparently Basso was coming to Lynn if he was riding Premiership so it's a pity that he's not. Bomber was also a rumour but the Leicester ones seem stronger. Riss is an asset but can see him back at Ipswich. Would have Nicholls on his average if he  moved on from P'boro, he and Jakobsen would be a strong reserve pairing. Worrall surely staying at Leicester. Thomas and Edwards were bright spots in the season but it seems FTR's are being scrapped unfortunately. Would have Iversen back but going to be the same issues as last season with Lodz pulling rank. Kildemand probably not an option after last year.

Interesting times.

3 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Don't forget Lawson wasn't fully fit in the early part of the season. For a rider of his calibre in a league not as strong as it was a few years back, 7.91 is easily achievable. You won't any improvement on that, but you should get a decent solid (second?) heat leader

Lawson rode through the pain barrier for most of the season with a damaged knee. He needs an op in the winter!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, JCookie said:

In fairness, and with respect to NKI, they were all better at their peak. I'd argue they all probably still are.

Disagree when it comes to league racing. NKI had a few years as the top rider in the Polish league. 

Never won a world title granted but prime league NKI is as good as any of those riders have been ij league racing .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Disagree when it comes to league racing. NKI had a few years as the top rider in the Polish league. 

Never won a world title granted but prime league NKI is as good as any of those riders have been ij league racing .

He can still do a great job I reckon :)

1 hour ago, pubichair said:

jakobsen with  either Thomas/edwards at reserve  is a must imo 

Not if FTR's are dispensed with. 

On 11/12/2022 at 8:47 AM, Gasser90 said:

Toft. Klindt and Pickering your heat leaders for next year ? 

I heard a whisper yesterday that Lynn are  trying to sign an out n out No.1 from abroad. How true it is i don't know. But it would tie in with Lawson on the move as rumoured.