British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Haza said:

I certainly hope he isn’t but  if Jorgensen is in the side I bet he is personally I hope Alitt is history at KL 

Why would you not want Jorgensen in the team? He provides great entertainment and if he drops to reserve throughout the season he's guaranteed to score 10 home or away....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Pretty clear that the idea is to emulate P'boro class of 2020, they tried last year but it didn't work. The plan is to have six riders averaging around seven and a FTR who chips in, if that's the case there won't be too many big hitters above say Klindt and Pickering....you are probably looking at Doyle and Bewley, possibly Fricke, Holder, Kurtz, Harris, Museilak & Masters although they can all be hit and miss. The key is that the top six has to be rock solid and the senior reserve must hit double figures. Don't forget MPT was at 1 for P'boro when they won the title. 

Our league isn't littered with massive names, there's certainly nothing frightening out there IMO. Having Jakobsen at reserve should be more scary for other sides. 

One thing which MUST happen is winning at home every week, over the last few seasons we've lost far, far too often on home soil.

Would be even better to emulate Peterborough's class of 2021, find a catchy team name and market it while you can .

42 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nobody knows. The only certainty at the moment is Alex Brady remains, may be he's bought the club? 

Wait to see on Monday

I can't see Buster selling the club lock stock and barrel. But if he has sold the promotion, then Alex would be the obvious one to take it over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Would be even better to emulate Peterborough's class of 2021, find a catchy team name and market it while you can .

You spotted the deliberate mistake :D prize in the post! 

33 minutes ago, JackPells said:

Why would you not want Jorgensen in the team? He provides great entertainment and if he drops to reserve throughout the season he's guaranteed to score 10 home or away....

If drops to reserve maybe 10 home or away moves back into the top 5 then what ? A poor run back to reserves he is what he is sadly tried and tested - why would anyone want to repeat failure? In the sense of not making the play offs - have the same team then wonder why the team fail - Jorgensen had his chance 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Pretty clear that the idea is to emulate P'boro class of 2021, they tried last year but it didn't work. The plan is to have six riders averaging around seven and a FTR who chips in, if that's the case there won't be too many big hitters above say Klindt and Pickering....you are probably looking at Doyle and Bewley, possibly Fricke, Holder, Kurtz, Harris, Museilak & Masters although they can all be hit and miss. The key is that the top six has to be rock solid and the senior reserve must hit double figures. Don't forget MPT was at 1 for P'boro when they won the title. 

Our league isn't littered with massive names, there's certainly nothing frightening out there IMO. Having Jakobsen at reserve should be more scary for other sides. 

One thing which MUST happen is winning at home every week, over the last few seasons we've lost far, far too often on home soil.

With the same majority of riders from the last couple of years I cant see the home wins coming though, that is the issue. 

Wouldnt touch KK with a barge pole either

Edited by therefused
  • Like 3

Thomas will come really good this year  just you watch, all good things come to those who wait!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trees said:

Thomas will come really good this year  just you watch, all good things come to those who wait!

Kings Lynn are certainly nothing if not patient!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

With the same majority of riders from the last couple of years I cant see the home wins coming though, that is the issue. 

Wouldnt touch KK with a barge pole either

You are a Mr negative. 

4 hours ago, Haza said:

If drops to reserve maybe 10 home or away moves back into the top 5 then what ? A poor run back to reserves he is what he is sadly tried and tested - why would anyone want to repeat failure? In the sense of not making the play offs - have the same team then wonder why the team fail - Jorgensen had his chance 

At times over the last two or three seasons Jorgensen has been the only Lynn rider worth watching at home, he is exciting and rides Lynn well, and to be fair his away form improved too in 2022. This time last year I'd have agreed with you but for me he gets in on merit for next season. Cares about the club too which goes a long way.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JackPells said:

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Jorgensen has just finished with his highest Prem average yet and was barely at reserve in 2022 (4 matches). To me he seems a good signing for Lynn if he stays.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

If i was a Lynn fan I'd not worry having Jakobsen at no.1 was absolutely mustard at Foxhall last season such a classy rider 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If the team isn't Klindt, Jorgensen, Palm Toft, Pickering, Kasprzak, Jakobsen and Edwards then I'll eat my hat

Full team announcement next Monday (12/12).

• Like 1