British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wasn't raining was it? I remember him doing that at Poole if it started raining during the meeting or very wet. 

He's progressed from doing it only when it's raining these days:D

• Haha 1

wonder if anyone has looked at Berntzon?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wasn't raining was it? I remember him doing that at Poole if it started raining during the meeting or very wet. 

There was a brief shower but, if I recall the rain had stopped before his first ride.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevehone said:

wonder if anyone has looked at Berntzon?

There is a whole magnitude of riders that could be looked at. I find it far fetched that none of them want to commit to coming over here. 

59 minutes ago, JackPells said:

There is a whole magnitude of riders that could be looked at. I find it far fetched that none of them want to commit to coming over here. 

I keep reading they don’t want to spend X to set up over here but surely they’d be making money in one way or another?

6 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I keep reading they don’t want to spend X to set up over here but surely they’d be making money in one way or another?

especially if the club stumped up for bikes

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

It boils down as to whether the club sees it an investment to make. Obviously, if anyone is going to be out of pocket it's going to be the club. But then as the old tale goes you've got to spend money to make money. Look at Ipswich for example, Jason and Emil. Just them 2 for example certainly draws in bigger crowds and that buy in allows the club to further invest and the circle keeps going round.

Isn’t the rumour Guy Nicholls paid for Emil to set up over here?

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

especially if the club stumped up for bikes

Like Buster going to do that ? - I feel he needs to move on and let someone else have a go at promoting kings Lynn and when I say move on take Allit with him - though sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for in life . 

you laugh Haza, but i do know some of the deals being offered around

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

you laugh Haza, but i do know some of the deals being offered around

Ok - I just don’t think it’s Busters style to buy bikes - he’s problems at both Lynn and Pboro I just can’t see him digging deep into his pockets for either club .

15 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Isn’t the rumour Guy Nicholls paid for Emil to set up over here?

He most probably did. However, it's not like Alex Brady hasn't put in a sizeable investment into the club and I'm sure these MacInnes boys have thrown some money into the coffers too. It's just that the money has been directed in the wrong place. If this is the standard we now have to become accustomed too, then the Premiership isn't the league for us. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Douglas1979 said:

The whole place seams flat at the moment. Perhaps  a big sponsor  is what's needed.

I don't know the complete ins and outs but, I'm sure this MacInnes lot must have thrown a decent wedge in.

18 minutes ago, JackPells said:

He most probably did. However, it's not like Alex Brady hasn't put in a sizeable investment into the club and I'm sure these MacInnes boys have thrown some money into the coffers too. It's just that the money has been directed in the wrong place. If this is the standard we now have to become accustomed too, then the Premiership isn't the league for us. 

It’s not that long ago Guy was your sponsor too