British Speedway Forum

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Wish people would stop lying and throwing darts around 

• Haha 2

Brilliant for the league, just wish it was Artem going to Peterborough 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

He’s got a point. Someone on the internet once told me Klindt was a No 1 and I certainly don’t believe that

I don't know if its me or Nicolai that is a bit stupid here

But if he can't believe its 2023 and people still believe what they read on the internet, what is the reference point?

Surely in 2023 more people than ever before are on the internet and more news/gossip is online, as opposed to 1993 :unsure:

Must be a Danish thing

Statement on the Lynn website

KEITH Chapman has moved to clarify his position as owner of both King’s Lynn and Peterborough Speedway amidst rumours of rider movement at various Sports Insure Premiership clubs.

Chapman retains his promoter’s licence at King’s Lynn but has confirmed the day-to-day running of the club, and financial affairs, are in the hands of others.

He is also the owner of Peterborough where work continues to fill the position vacated by Nicki Pedersen who left the club after one meeting.

Chapman said: “I’ve been reading plenty of comments over recent days and I think it’s important to lay out clearly what the situation is.

“I no longer have any financial involvement in King’s Lynn Speedway, and whilst I still hold a promoter’s licence there, this will be my last season in that role and I’ve made that clear to everyone.

“All of the financial and team matters at King’s Lynn are taken on by Alex Brady and Dale Allitt, although obviously I still have responsibility for the stadium.

“I do still own the club, it hasn’t been sold yet, but the funding is not coming from me this year.

“At Peterborough everyone knows the problems we have faced, and it was me who did the deal with Nicki Pedersen to race at No.1, which unfortunately went wrong after one race.

“Since then we’ve been looking for a replacement, and trying to book the best guests we can under the circumstances.

“It hasn’t always worked but we had Max Fricke lined up for a meeting that was rained off, and I paid for Dan Bewley to guest on Monday in a meeting against King’s Lynn, so there’s no question of me making decisions to favour one club over the other.

“The team and financial decisions at King’s Lynn are completely separate from me now, and of course I still desperately want Peterborough to survive beyond this season.

“I just want to make it totally clear that the two clubs are not being run by the same person with one being prioritised over the other.”

I wouldn't be in a rush to replace KK. I know he's been awful away, but at home he's got a 10+ average. Winning at home must be priority to keep the fans happy surely?

• Like 4

Pickering is back tomorrow night.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

Statement on the Lynn website

KEITH Chapman has moved to clarify his position as owner of both King’s Lynn and Peterborough Speedway amidst rumours of rider movement at various Sports Insure Premiership clubs.

Chapman retains his promoter’s licence at King’s Lynn but has confirmed the day-to-day running of the club, and financial affairs, are in the hands of others.

He is also the owner of Peterborough where work continues to fill the position vacated by Nicki Pedersen who left the club after one meeting.

Chapman said: “I’ve been reading plenty of comments over recent days and I think it’s important to lay out clearly what the situation is.

“I no longer have any financial involvement in King’s Lynn Speedway, and whilst I still hold a promoter’s licence there, this will be my last season in that role and I’ve made that clear to everyone.

“All of the financial and team matters at King’s Lynn are taken on by Alex Brady and Dale Allitt, although obviously I still have responsibility for the stadium.

“I do still own the club, it hasn’t been sold yet, but the funding is not coming from me this year.

“At Peterborough everyone knows the problems we have faced, and it was me who did the deal with Nicki Pedersen to race at No.1, which unfortunately went wrong after one race.

“Since then we’ve been looking for a replacement, and trying to book the best guests we can under the circumstances.

“It hasn’t always worked but we had Max Fricke lined up for a meeting that was rained off, and I paid for Dan Bewley to guest on Monday in a meeting against King’s Lynn, so there’s no question of me making decisions to favour one club over the other.

“The team and financial decisions at King’s Lynn are completely separate from me now, and of course I still desperately want Peterborough to survive beyond this season.

“I just want to make it totally clear that the two clubs are not being run by the same person with one being prioritised over the other.”

Wondered why we were getting home by 9-30 pm now i know.:D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TINYS said:

I think the food and drink profit is still Busters, because the beers gone up to 5.50 a pint;)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TINYS said:

Could have done with him last week though,someone needed to do a few laps with the water cart,the dust was terrible.

• Like 2

Someone else must be funding this deal for Artem because it doesn’t add up with the usual candidates backing the club, nevertheless a great signing for the league! Still the only rider in the world who could keep with Bartosz over the course of a GP season 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I wouldn't be in a rush to replace KK. I know he's been awful away, but at home he's got a 10+ average. Winning at home must be priority to keep the fans happy surely?

I'd take him at Peterborough over Worrall 

26 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Someone else must be funding this deal for Artem because it doesn’t add up with the usual candidates backing the club, nevertheless a great signing for the league! Still the only rider in the world who could keep with Bartosz over the course of a GP season 

Buster has said that he hasn’t funded any rider at Lynn this season.there a statement on here saying so.