British Speedway Forum

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

He does yet will still finish second bottom 

To be fair, he has more than put the KK thing right, probably at great expense to himself. The strong reserve hasn't worked out, and our engine room has been shocking. I don't think you could of expected that. Klindt 7.39 down to 4.57 ( his average so far this season) and TJ 6.35 down to 4.87 this season. Jason Edwards has a better away average than TJ at 3.75 :blink:

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Though i think Matt is still heavily involved, even subsituting as TM when needed. Not sure who does the 'signings' in the winter, prob a joint thing. @Skidder1 will know!

Matt still owns the Poole club. He does the pre-season deals from his extensive contacts book - always putting together with Danny at least 3 potential line-ups depending on points limit and cost! - and as he stated in interview on Wednesday, he speaks to Danny every day. (Matt also confirmed he managed to get Artem to Steve Worrall's Testimonial next Wednesday, as Artem's manager 'owed him a favour')

Danny leads with most of the club sponsorships/advertising and all the day-to-day, week-to-week stuff, including being on the BSPL Board of Directors with Messrs, Godfrey, Bates and Louis!.

Danny is too involved in all the matchday stuff to also take on the Team Manager role when Middlo is away so as Matt explained, he flew in from France to Bournemouth at 4.30pm on Wednesday and was due to catch a flight from Stansted back to France at 6.30am on Thursday!! Now that is a 'flying visit'!:t:

Also as Matt explained the Chateau is a lot more hard work than first imagined and although very successful with big American Tour Operators committed, Matt may look for something a 'little easier' in 2 years time or so!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Can’t see Tungate at Lynn as he’s absolutely woeful at the AFA. 

That said, he’d fit right in with the current middle order :D

Edited by Speedball
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Don't look like there's any changes ahead of tomorrow's meeting according to the preview:

http://www.kingslynn-speedway.com/news.php?extend.31362

Maybe Mondays change was JP, and he isn't quite ready or wants some practice? I hope he's fully fit when he comes back. See how he goes in the Champ first wouldn't be a bad idea imho. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Maybe Mondays change was JP, and he isn't quite ready or wants some practice? I hope he's fully fit when he comes back. See how he goes in the Champ first wouldn't be a bad idea imho. 

"An unchanged one-to-seven is named by the Stars, who are continuing to assess their options going forward".

This makes me think that change was planned, probably someone from the continent and they couldn't get it over the line in time imo.

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I am sure that Alex said a new face would be in the team at Belle Vue, and that Pickering was also coming back sometime this week. It wouldn’t have hurt Alex to tell us why the team change hasn’t happened.

21 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

"An unchanged one-to-seven is named by the Stars, who are continuing to assess their options going forward".

This makes me think that change was planned, probably someone from the continent and they couldn't get it over the line in time imo.

You could be right. I admit i only skimmed the article.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, StarBoy said:

I think you was planning on getting the pboro cast off if they got tungate deal sorted but I don’t think that’s going to happen anymore 

Maybe if there was to be a double change they may have had to get Pickering in first to allow a little extra average wise to fit in the new rider.

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

I think you was planning on getting the pboro cast off if they got tungate deal sorted but I don’t think that’s going to happen anymore 

I thought  the Tungate  deal was was done for the Panthers, or there abouts?

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

Possibly 

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought  the Tungate  deal was was done for the Panthers, or there abouts?

He's had 2 other offers since then 

18 minutes ago, Flappy said:

He's had 2 other offers since then 

He rides your gaff so well. Points means ££. Unless it's a guarantee he's after.

Edited by Bald Bloke