British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Flappy said:

I wouldn't worry about the poles I'd worry about him rejecting the pay cuts and another offer in Britain 

Oh just feck off . 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

Simon Lambert :shock: only just good enough for the championship. Thought it could'nt get any worse but it has.

The team is over budget according to Buster so have to make budget changes - all gearing up for Championship speedway in 2024 .

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

The team is over budget according to Buster so have to make budget changes - all gearing up for Championship speedway in 2024 .

Hope so....pointless being in the top league if you can't be competitive, and we haven't been since 2018.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Hope so....pointless being in the top league if you can't be competitive, and we haven't been since 2018.

Problem being though if Pboro and Wolves don’t carry on in 2024 there will be no PL anymore if KL drop out as well not sure if that’s a good thing or not - but it might make the powers that sort this sport out once and for all . 
They had a chance to do this after the covid season but no carried on with the same old - so it might brings things to a head and force some peoples hand 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

So Josh is a liar? Is that what you’re saying? 

What I'm saying is that people are selective in what they tell you .............. not necessarily a case of telling bare faced lies but rather the omission of some selected information can radically alter the context of practically any issue.   Hence my comment about hearing both sides ............... more often than not the whole truth often lays somewhere in the middle  (having spent 30+ years as an investigating officer I have plenty of experience listening to "versions" of events............. thankfully now retired).

• Like 1

I feel for Edwards but it's definitely the right move bringing Rowe in, Jason was clearly struggling... and will Simon score more than Fred had this season? Definitely! 

Positive changes imo

• Like 2

If Buster puts Toft's RR at number 2 again though I'll be annoyed... his RR should be at 3 with Klindt at 5... Laguta and Klindt can take a ride at 3 then and we don't have to waste Laguta in heat 8

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Haza said:

Personally, imo I don't think the changes are too bad at all. Obviously we knew Simon Lambert was coming in (that was a given), but for Buster to actually be proactive and get Rowe in for a struggling Jason Edwards is quite forward thinking. I rate him as probably the 2nd or 3rd best RS so it's quite a coup tbh. 

I don't know what Jakobsen was on (£), but that certainly has relieved some budgetary issues. The unfortunate thing is we still have a massive hole at No.5, and as good as Laguta is and Klindt has been recently you can only potentially rely on them to get 6 to cover MPT, especially when I think Klindt is about to move to 2nd in the averages so only he can take a ride if we use R/R. I wouldn't be comfortable running guests either, but either way our season is already over so what's the difference.

Kye will definitely find it hard at 2 if that's where he's going, but that is the price we pay by getting in Laguta I suppose

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lynnfan91 said:

If Buster puts Toft's RR at number 2 again though I'll be annoyed... his RR should be at 3 with Klindt at 5... Laguta and Klindt can take a ride at 3 then and we don't have to waste Laguta in heat 8

I think Klindt is about to move to 2nd in the averages come 1st July so if we are running R/R only he can take one

Just now, Lynnfan91 said:

I feel for Edwards but it's definitely the right move bringing Rowe in, Jason was clearly struggling... and will Simon score more than Fred had this season? Definitely! 

Positive changes imo

I agree - they might not be the most inspirational signings but they should both outperform the rider they are replacing 

• Like 2

Just now, StarBoy said:

I think Klindt is about to move to 2nd in the averages come 1st July so if we are running R/R only he can take one

Well yeah but I mean until then

Just now, Lynnfan91 said:

Well yeah but I mean until then

Will only be 1 meeting on Monday and then new averages come in. But I see your point, does make more sense Artem is wasted in ht8, but now with Anders could pick up a 4-2...?