British Speedway Forum

Well done Klindt.. Scored all of Lynn's 22 points.. Beating  the big boys.. With TJ's away average at 3 this season, was he the best option.

Star today carries a 2 page spread interview with Alex Brady - reckons he has spent a 6 figure sum on KL in 2 seasons - to all those fans who blather on about just go out and buy this or get us that rider - 6 figure sum in 2 years to be near the bottom of the league!!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

23 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Star today carries a 2 page spread interview with Alex Brady - reckons he has spent a 6 figure sum on KL in 2 seasons - to all those fans who blather on about just go out and buy this or get us that rider - 6 figure sum in 2 years to be near the bottom of the league!!

I know. He has told me himself, as i posted 2 weeks ago..... Some must think i'm a liar :)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Then you have to ask what are clubs spending to finish top?! 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Then you have to ask what are clubs spending to finish top?! 

Ippo, Shef and Bv can spend

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

That's a lot of money of to you & me of course, but to put those numbers in to perspective, in 2015 Roger Warnes Transport alone put in around £70,000. This showing with the hugely increased costs of 2023 6 figures over 2 seasons is by far NOT enough.

If your budget is below £150,000 per annum, you're going to struggle badly. 

Edit; Just to clarify, this is just income EXCLUDING General admission 

Edited by Daniel Smith

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's a lot of money of to you & me of course, but to put those numbers in to perspective, in 2015 Roger Warnes Transport alone put in around £70,000. This showing with the hugely increased costs of 2023 6 figures over 2 seasons is by far NOT enough.

With  your calculations, Lynn are idioted

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Evening Daniel,

This is on top of gate receipts, sponsorship and TV money - so I can assure you the budget was considerably over £150,000 per annum.

All the best

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Just as contrast the company that operates Belle Vue - Belle Vue Speedway 2017 Ltd is 600k in debt!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

Evening Daniel,

This is on top of gate receipts, sponsorship and TV money - so I can assure you the budget was considerably over £150,000 per annum.

All the best

150k per meeting more like!

From the horses mouth. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

14 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

Evening Daniel,

All the best

He don't tell lies..

18 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

Evening Daniel,

All the best

Of course total is way way way over £150,000 per annum. That's the bare minimum a club needs in 2023 via MAIN SPONSORS alone is what I meant, especially if we're having to compete against the likes of 'Tru Plant'.

No finger pointing at you Alex, you did what you could, having MacInnes this year too. King's Lynn not being helped with dwindling crowds but the reputation over the last 10 years hasn't been good & rightly so Speedway fans have disappeared from the terraces. 

Edited by Daniel Smith

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Of course total is way way way over £150,000 per annum. That's the bare minimum a club needs in 2023 via MAIN SPONSORS alone is what I meant, especially if we're having to compete against the likes of 'Tru Plant'.

No finger pointing at you Alex, you did what you could, having MacInnes this year too. King's Lynn not being helped with dwindling crowds but the reputation over the last 10 years hasn't been good & rightly so Speedway fans have disappeared from the terraces. 

Nothing to do with this dwindling crowds .. Alex needed time to be with his family. Or do you know than us

Edited by Bald Bloke

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Nothing to do with this dwindling crowds .. Alex needed time to be with his family. Or do you know than us

:blink: