British Speedway Forum
westlakejawa

Jubilee championship league

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

A club decides that it won't fulfill an official fixture

Would that happen in any other professional sport?

The only thing professional about UK Speedway is those riders who only ride Speedway for a living...

The non riding aspect of the sport wouldnt even pass as semi professional...

Even many amateur leagues in other sports would be offended to be measured against UK Speedway's operating model and rules and regulations' implementation...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

In fact it's pure geein me the boak.

And to make it sweeter the Bristol is in full view of Sharkheid Luvvly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Edited by Gazc

On 10/20/2022 at 6:50 PM, Mr Blobby said:

Glasgow speedway the gift that keeps on giving. With the amount allied pile into the GB set up and BSPA then they’ll be no action taken. 

shocking from Glasgow and an awful excuse. 

sorry if its been posted already ,but if Glasgow had not poured cash into the. GB set up . would they be able to pay riders/out goings and so forth and limit their losses for the season . and would they be running in this 3 legged cup . show ponies ?

did Newcastle get fined fir pulling out after the season started , just askin lyke .

Leicester should of swapped tomorrows home meeting against Poole to the 1st leg of the Jubilee Trophy and then had the meeting on 29th Oct as the 2nd leg of the Grand Final

Edited by scoobydoo

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

sorry if its been posted already ,but if Glasgow had not poured cash into the. GB set up . would they be able to pay riders/out goings and so forth and limit their losses for the season . and would they be running in this 3 legged cup . show ponies ?

did Newcastle get fined fir pulling out after the season started , just askin lyke .

Who cares.

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Leicester should of swapped tomorrows home meeting against Poole to the 1st leg of the Jubilee Trophy and then had the meeting on 29th Oct as the 2nd leg of the Grand Final

Bspl prob want playoffs done first when you are getting to the end of Oct!!

On 10/20/2022 at 7:28 PM, Gazc said:

Glasgow statement on the jubilee final.

GLASGOW TIGERS WITHDRAW FROM CHAMPIONSHIP JUBILEE
October 20, 2022
Glasgow have taken the decision to withdraw from the Championship Jubilee League and will not take part in the planned three-legged final. Club director, Alan Dick, said the following:

“Having qualified for the Championship Jubilee League final alongside Leicester and Poole, we have taken the decision to withdraw from the competition.

“Following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II on 8 September, we suggested that the competition be abandoned as a mark of respect, as to us it didn’t feel right to race in a competition commemorating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee shortly after she had passed away, however, the other two finalists still wished to go ahead with the final, which we respected.

“Whilst our season was effectively over on 2 October following our play-off semi-final defeat to Poole, this wasn’t the case for Poole, who were still to race in the KO Cup Final and Championship Grand Final, with the latter being planned for this coming Friday and Saturday.

“Given the above, the lack of available dates, and the likely weather between now and the end of the month, we have taken the decision to withdraw from the competition.

“We would like to wish Poole and Leicester the best of luck in the final.”

do you have a proper link from the Glasgow website or is that one just been made up on the puter ?. just askin lyke .

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

do you have a proper link from the Glasgow website or is that one just been made up on the puter ?. just askin lyke .

No just telling lyke.

Or maybe get your finger out your rectum and search for it yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I mean I think it’s been left far too late anyway but that’s quite possibly the most nauseating excuse when the real reason is stated in the latter section anyway.

I’m far more understanding at late in the season and lack of dates than the syncophantic bollocks. She did reach her Jubilee so claiming it’s out of respect is utter garbage, I mean if anything it could be a nice tribute if it were actually the true reason. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

No just telling lyke.

Or maybe get your finger out your rectum and search for it yourself.

sorry mate , cant get my finger out because its already up yours and working your mouth and speaking poo  poo . lyke .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jenga said:

sorry mate , cant get my finger out because its already up yours and working your mouth and speaking poo  poo . lyke .

** will be ** eh J anyway your solitary brain cell should only allow limited thing’s you are able to do at once. 

Removing the slavers from your mouth and trying to type at the same time would overload said brain cell.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gazc said:

** will be ** eh J anyway your solitary brain cell should only allow limited thing’s you are able to do at once. 

Removing the slavers from your mouth and trying to type at the same time would overload said brain cell.

i bet you cannot run and  chew at the same time !

• Haha 1

Just now, jenga said:

i bet you cannot run and  chew at the same time !

No your right I can’t in fact the running part goes against my do as little as possible philosophy.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:00 PM, Gazc said:

Maybe not but nobody knows the reasoning behind pulling out.

To be honest it will be kept in house and rightly so.

SO , nobody knows , but you do . looks like it  was kept in house for 11 days then . so much for the in house system or were you told this  by the elf on your shoulder ?