British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swedish league 2024 signings, news Etc

On 12/20/2022 at 11:40 AM, krompa said:

Do you expect Masarna to miss 2023 season?

I do yes, but we'll see.

Other news is that C-more has not renewed the broadcasting contract so unless another broadcaster is willing to step in any kind of broadcasting/streaming is uncertain.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:27 PM, Ghostwalker said:

I do yes, but we'll see.

Other news is that C-more has not renewed the broadcasting contract so unless another broadcaster is willing to step in any kind of broadcasting/streaming is uncertain.

Sad to hear it but I'm not very surprised. Product offered by SVEMO is rubbish to be honest (RR in every single meeting, very poor graphics, official website is a joke with no meeting previews or post game reactions to only name few problems which make league look totally unprofessional).

On 1/1/2023 at 5:21 PM, krompa said:

Sad to hear it but I'm not very surprised. Product offered by SVEMO is rubbish to be honest (RR in every single meeting, very poor graphics, official website is a joke with no meeting previews or post game reactions to only name few problems which make league look totally unprofessional).

Indeed...

It does look like GB Speedway now doesnt it, with plenty of similarities...

Missing the days when they ruled the world, particularly with TRick, which generated strong national coverage..

Empty terracing everywhere, giving the impression that "no one is interested", and those who do attend being 40/50/60 somethings in the main...

Play off places often sorted months in advance resulting in too many "dead rubbers" which fail to attract crowds...

And meetings ran with very little atmosphere generated by anyone off track during the 90 mins or so of down time that naturally happens...

You cannot see too many major sponsors lining up to have their names associated with something so visually lacking to the casual viewer, with a small number of ageing demographic of followers to advertise to...

Are Bauhaus still involved? Should they go then it would be "game over" I would think..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 6:21 PM, krompa said:

If you mean the graphics shown on the broadcasts that was Cmore or rather the production company Cmore used (outsourced it to a Latvian company IIRC).
I agree about website, but Svemo.se is only results (and general administration regarding rider licenses and such/rules (publishing + providing referees))

Technically Elitsepeedway Sverige is running the league , with PR, schedules, etc and their website has highlights, post meeting reactions and etc. https://www.elitspeedway.com/

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

Indeed...

It does look like GB Speedway now doesnt it, with plenty of similarities...

Missing the days when they ruled the world, particularly with TRick, which generated strong national coverage..

Empty terracing everywhere, giving the impression that "no one is interested", and those who do attend being 40/50/60 somethings in the main...

Play off places often sorted months in advance resulting in too many "dead rubbers" which fail to attract crowds...

And meetings ran with very little atmosphere generated by anyone off track during the 90 mins or so of down time that naturally happens...

You cannot see too many major sponsors lining up to have their names associated with something so visually lacking to the casual viewer, with a small number of ageing demographic of followers to advertise to...

Are Bauhaus still involved? Should they go then it would be "game over" I would think..

Attendances are way done post pandemic and the league doing one season with no spectators probably cost most teams
(especially Vetlanda and Masarna) allot of money even if ESS president claimed otherwise. Add to that rule changes the past
decade (or so) for engines/exhausts/air fences which increased costs allot for riders and teams and it's not a surprise teams are bleeding money.

Last season it was pretty close for 4th-6th all the way to the end though. The biggest problem was Smederna steam rolling the entire
season and paid the prize by busting the average cap. Most riders have a fixed payment or kind of ladder system.
Will see if Cmores absence will affect anything, the money the paid the league/the clubs were just peanut money anyway.

Speedway/motorsport in general has never attracted neither large national sponsors or large media attention, perhaps for being considerd
to be a small town/rural sport far from the masses/media coverage in the big cities.
Football/icehockey/handball/skiing is what gets attention/sponsors.

Bauhaus extended their contract for 2023 and the league now has 4 official partners (Bahaus, Svenska spel, projob and Kaeser compressors) but I don't think
the team gets that much money from them. At least not for it to be crucial for the survival. Most speedway team relies on local sponsors. Look at Smedernas
sponsors, the vast majority are local companies even if there are sponsors from other parts of Sweden (like Dreamhack).

• Like 1

Can someone help me please.

Are the Allsvenskan league fixtures out yet?

I’ve been trawling round on the internet with no success.

23 minutes ago, oleoleole said:

Also can`t find them yet- by mid- Feb i would guesstimate.

• Like 1

Masarna just announced that they and Antonio Lindbäck have made a joint decision to breach the contract due to the uncertainty regarding Masarna 2023.

https://www.masarna.nu/artikel/cza0alcnm-33661/masarna-speedway-och-antonio-lindback-gar-skilda-vagar

By this I think we can conclude that Masarna won't be seen in Elitserien 2023.

On 1/8/2023 at 5:57 PM, oleoleole said:

Will likely be released at the end of this week or early next week.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Masarnas has received some funds from Avesta municipality (kommun) that covers some, but not all of the economic deficit Masarna have.
The funds are conditioned to that Masarna have to be able to cover all of the debts + have a complete squad by end of February.

Me thinks it will be very hard and that there is a risk that Masarna begin the season only to bail out in the middle of the season.
Which rider would dare to sign and know before hand that they might not get paid? It would probably be a weak team which
would loose most of their meetings meaning that spectators stay at home meaning less income for the team.

• Thanks 1