British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swedish league 2024 signings, news Etc

1 hour ago, Ghostwalker said:

All except Lambert.

Thank you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostwalker said:

For R/R rule is everyone with equal or lower rolling average (löpande snitt) can take one ride.
Averages can be found here: https://www.svemo.se/vara-sportgrenar/start-speedway/resultat-speedway/resultat-bauhausligan-speedway

There is also an exception if R/R is used for the rider with the 4th highest average in the lineup one of the reserves can be used twice.

On 6/9/2023 at 6:31 PM, racers and royals said:

Do you know if it’s on TV this season- i seem to remember SVT showed it from Linkoping  in 2022.

ESS-play only, but they charge another 129* sek ontop of the regular 250 sek**/month for Elitserien. If you want SEC via ESS play it will also cost extra.

*about 11 GBP
**about 28 GBP

Whoever (outside of Lindgren and Kim Nilsson) finishing as the best placed rider tomorrow will be the wild card for Målilla GP.

3 minutes ago, eric i said:

Is Lahti Swedish now or does he just have a Swedish licence?

He has both a Swedish and a Finnish passport

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Is Lahti Swedish now or does he just have a Swedish licence?

1 hour ago, Lorenzo558 said:

He has both a Swedish and a Finnish passport

He switches license/nationality depending on which suites him best for the moment. Swedish licence for racing in Sweden so that he counts as a Swedish rider for the agreed quota. Then Finnish licence for qualifiers (if he still does them) because its much stronger competition for the qualifier nominations.

IMO, use one licence at the time. If he wants to use the Swedish licence that is fine, but then that applies to all competititions for the entire season and no switching back and forth during the season.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Only 1144 in Malilla- pretty poor !!

Yep, although I think the rain might have deterred quite a lot of people 

17 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

He switches license/nationality depending on which suites him best for the moment. Swedish licence for racing in Sweden so that he counts as a Swedish rider for the agreed quota. Then Finnish licence for qualifiers (if he still does them) because its much stronger competition for the qualifier nominations.

IMO, use one licence at the time. If he wants to use the Swedish licence that is fine, but then that applies to all competititions for the entire season and no switching back and forth during the season.

We have the same problem with Rory Schlein. The governing bodies need to change the rules. It wouldn't happen in Poland, can you imagine if Laguta tried to compete in the Polish championship.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eric i said:

We have the same problem with Rory Schlein. The governing bodies need to change the rules. It wouldn't happen in Poland, can you imagine if Laguta tried to compete in the Polish championship.

In 2003 Rune Holta won Polish Final and became Polish Individual Champion.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Only 1144 in Malilla- pretty poor !!

13 minutes ago, Lorenzo558 said:

Yep, although I think the rain might have deterred quite a lot of people 

The SM-final hasn't really been a popular event for many years now, neither to host or go attend.