British Speedway Forum
TTT

Sheffield vs. Belle Vue Grand Final 2nd Leg 13/10/22

4 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

I'm intrigued. What was your "take" on both incidents? For me, both Holder in first leg and Kurtz in second leg went for a gap that ultimately didn't develop. Both had to be excluded. Correct decisions.

I would say that my take on the first leg incident is that there was a gap plenty big enough for Holder to go through but the gap was closed slightly by Kerr which meant Holder moved slightly wider which resulted in him brushing Wright. I thought it was a harsh decision. The Kurtz heat one incident in the second leg was different in my view as Kurtz seemed to lose a bit of control and seemed to ride straight into Kerr. I think in a final both incidents should have been all 4 back. I think too many times referees feel they have to exclude someone just because they have passed the first bend. 

8 hours ago, Ace no.5 said:

I'm intrigued. What was your "take" on both incidents? For me, both Holder in first leg and Kurtz in second leg went for a gap that ultimately didn't develop. Both had to be excluded. Correct decisions.

Those two incidents were totally different the Holder exclusion was because he 'brushed' against Wright as he was passing him in more or less a straight line. Kurtz tried to do his 'blocking' move by swinging his rear wheel out. Unfortunately he was too late with it and wiped out Kerr's front wheel, causing him to fall.