British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

As expected, it's Max Clegg and Nathan Ablitt coming in, Joe Thompson out.    That's official.

Where have you read that?

2 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

As expected, it's Max Clegg and Nathan Ablitt coming in, Joe Thompson out.    That's official.

No announcement officially yet from Scunthorpe but nice that someone in the know(Dave) has let the cat out of the bag. cheers.

Max Clegg sore the bulk of his points at Newcastle last year & struggled away. http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Max

Similar in 2021 http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Max

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Poor decision to drop Thompson. IMO.That’s GB speedway though.

I'm sure Birmingham, Plymouth and maybe even Redcar and Glasgow will have taken notice of performances over last few days and won't be without a club for long

• Like 5

Just now, Jaizer said:

I'm sure Birmingham, Plymouth and maybe even Redcar and Glasgow will have taken notice of performances over last few days and won't be without a club for long

They wonder how young Brits are heading for Poland.!!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They wonder how young Brits are heading for Poland.!!

Unfortunately, I think the decision was made on or before Tuesday.

It is why the Brits need a bigger reduction in team building.

• Like 3

Just now, IronScorpion said:

Yeah I'd imagine had to redeclare Monday or Tuesday. 

Particularly young Brits, need better incentives to sign them and keep them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

They really need to stop reducing Teams building Averages every season to suit a few moaning Promotions.The sports is slowly going down the tubes with standards lowering and Admission prices rising.IMO

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

But Scunny are dropping an Aussie & a Brit for 2 Brits, so in this instance giving a bigger reduction (which I'm all for) probably wouldn't have helped.

Making a foreigners lowest ave 4.5 or 5.00 rather than the current 4.00 could help the Brits too?

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They really need to stop reducing Teams building Averages every season to suit a few moaning Promotions.The sports is slowly going down the tubes with standards lowering and Admission prices rising.IMO

British riders reducing not team average & THAT should be 42 & kept for years. Maybe have a minimum number of British riders per team

52 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah I'd imagine had to redeclare Monday or Tuesday. 

Particularly young Brits, need better incentives to sign them and keep them

The rising Star system works but for upcoming riders only & in the Championship. The Premiership should not use it but use a minimum average system of PL 4, converted CL 6.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

The rising Star system works but for upcoming riders only & in the Championship. The Premiership should not use it but use a minimum average system of PL 4, converted CL 6.

I really like the RS system in the Premiership, as long as teams picked the best options out there, all the rising stars would have been at least 4/5 Champ riders (except Flint) and the sort you want to race in the Prem at reserve.

Because Belle Vue & Ipswich have chosen to pick weaker riders, some may feel that it's too big a jump for the rising stars?

I would have preferred them to keep the RS system for the Champ too though.

35 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

British riders reducing not team average & THAT should be 42 & kept for years. Maybe have a minimum number of British riders per team

I'm sure a few years back there was a rule you had to include 2 Brits in both the Champ & Prem, but that lasted ONE year, quite sad really!

21 minutes ago, eric i said:

Disappointed its not Kemp.

That would have made us real title contenders.