British Speedway Forum

all signed up by xmas

I have just read this topic from page 2 mainly through TJ signing for you.

Interested if past/recent averages are used from different leagues as the final averages (past) were based on 20 meetings.

Lambert signing for Belle Vue was his last Premiership average although signed towards end of the year, this last years averages were based on last 10, 12 or 14 league meetings. All getting too complicated.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

I have just read this topic from page 2 mainly through TJ signing for you.

Interested if past/recent averages are used from different leagues as the final averages (past) were based on 20 meetings.

Lambert signing for Belle Vue was his last Premiership average although signed towards end of the year, this last years averages were based on last 10, 12 or 14 league meetings. All getting too complicated.

Averages are far to complicated by changes rules every 5 min.

• Like 1

Hard on the heels of his Berwick signing Jonas Knudson signs for Pila in Polish Division 2.

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Averages are far to complicated by changes rules every 5 min.

Too true as in this year. True averages based in 20 meetings was far better but I think all meetings should be taken in to consideration.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, screm said:

Hard on the heels of his Berwick signing Jonas Knudson signs for Pila in Polish Division 2.

Probably not doing our Premiership then.

Sat Berwick,  Sat/Sun Liga2, Tues Ekstraliga U24, Wed Denmark

I’m sure Thomas Jorgensen average for the championship next season will be based on his Premiership average from 2022 and not his Championship from 2021. All will be revealed as the promoters have met today I believe 

18 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m sure Thomas Jorgensen average for the championship next season will be based on his Premiership average from 2022 and not his Championship from 2021. All will be revealed as the promoters have met today I believe 

Tomorrow?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eric i said:

Is this how it works? 

"Once Jorgensen has had one match he'll revert to a rolling ave from 2021"

A riders most recent average is used, for Jorgensen that would be his 2022 Prem ave. But once he rides for Berwick they will then use his rolling ave. I'm theory he could get a new ave after one match (as would his teammates), but only if they ride before a monthly cut-off (23rd).

If Berwick's first league match was on 24th March, riders wouldn't get a new rolling ave until 1st May!

I can remember the days when riders averages were a reasonably easy thing to work out.

• Like 1

Brilliant start to team building. I hope Nathan and Jonas (or potentially brother Jesper) are the reserves...

I imagine Jorgensens average will be whatever his PL average converted by 1.5, which I think would put him somewhere in the 9s would it not??

Definitely no Bomber if that's the case...

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Brilliant start to team building. I hope Nathan and Jonas (or potentially brother Jesper) are the reserves...

I imagine Jorgensens average will be whatever his PL average converted by 1.5, which I think would put him somewhere in the 9s would it not??

Definitely no Bomber if that's the case...

It’s already be announced Bomber is not returning!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s already be announced Bomber is not returning!!

Cheers, I hadn't seen that then again I've not really been paying much attention. Who do you reckon the last 2 may be

15 minutes ago, screm said:

I can remember the days when riders averages were a reasonably easy thing to work out.

Yeah, but! ;)