British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yes. Aren’t we all?

Jorgensen is not a number 1 and is on a completely false average.

Schlein hates Berwick and moans about everything unless it’s 30 degrees, no matter how good he may be with the ‘younger’ riders (why didn’t we sign young 2 point reserves if he’s so good rather than the ones we did). He’ll do a fine job on track for us though I think.

Jye is one of the most injury prone riders we’ve had (once he unfortunately but inevitably gets injured, Jonas will most probably be above him and so we will have to use R/R with Jonas, Coles and Stoneman)

And that settles in nicely to signing two 2.00’s who have never looked like being more than just that? One/either of them would of been absolutely fine.

And that ladies and gentleman covers it perfectly.

PS Schlein should be nowhere near the younger riders, either at Berwick or Team GB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, screm said:

And that ladies and gentleman covers it perfectly.

PS Schlein should be nowhere near the younger riders, either at Berwick or Team GB.

Rubbish I’m afraid

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Rubbish I’m afraid

Lets hope then that you are right and I`m wrong.

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Plus, l suspect the two reserves will be ready and willing to each grab their chance in this squad with such a solid 1-5, and with other teams certain to have some less-experienced 2-pointers up against them, each has a fair chance of scoring well enough to duck the chop.

The squad has not been created to be changed, this is a solid (old-fashioned if you like) 1-7.   

Bring it on!

Are you fully delusional or can you send me some of what you’re drinking Mr Barrie?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm struggling to understand the major negativity towards this team!!! 

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Its not very good… pretty easy to understand really 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

While the current (team-building) averages are based on 'last ten' matches, once the season starts won't the rolling averages will go back (thankfully) to a  20-match schedule, as the 10-match thing was dreadful?

I heard nothing at all to suggest the 10 match rolling ave won't be staying!

Not a fan of it myself btw

2 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

1) it doesn't look good

2) it will continue to look bad till other clubs complete their teams, as it's hard not to compare it to 2022 teams with the 42 limit. Once more clubs complete their sides to 40 points, Berwick may look better?

6 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

It just looks very bad on paper and it's hard to imagine anyone else producing a weaker team at this stage.

TJ had a Championship average that was much lower than the converted Premiership average that Berwick had to sign him on.

How long will Schlein take to dial in again?

No power at reserve either.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hamster00 said:

Are you fully delusional or can you send me some of what you’re drinking Mr Barrie?

He's only allowed to have a positive spin on everything.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Hamster00 said:

10 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

He's only allowed to have a positive spin on everything.

Now now come on Mr Barrie, through his writings on his various platforms, has told us he doesn't use this forum and sees it as mostly full of " forum fannies ". To tell us one thing then do another would be of the upmost hypocrisy. 

I am sure Cresent Girl pays their money either at the turnstile, on line or season pass, that imo entitles them to an opinion.

• Haha 3

Personally I don't think the team is as bad as some are making out, to me it looks like a side that should win at home and that's the main priority win at home and keep the base of your fans happy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Personally I don't think the team is as bad as some are making out, to me it looks like a side that should win at home and that's the main priority win at home and keep the base of your fans happy. 

That's what we thought last season and look what happened.

Now the promotion have completed their Championship team they can concentrate on the NDL team.

I take it there will be an NDL team ?.