British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

Does the lowest averaged rider have to be at number seven these days? If not Berwick are missing a trick not putting Boxall there.

Not really, regardless of who is at 6 or 7, the team manager could swap the reserves over in every heat if he wanted to.

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not really, regardless of who is at 6 or 7, the team manager could swap the reserves over in every heat if he wanted to.

Saves a lot of needless back and forth with the referee. Makes sense to have your stronger rider in easier heats. 

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

Saves a lot of needless back and forth with the referee. Makes sense to have your stronger rider in easier heats. 

It means he gets the inside gates in heat 2 and then can be utilised wherever required after that, getting the inside in heat 4 potentially again. It was a trick Somerset used to do often when Gary May was the manager.

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

Saves a lot of needless back and forth with the referee. Makes sense to have your stronger rider in easier heats

I would have to say it depends on a match to match basis. For example of you have a rider like Dayle Wood who (no offence) isn't going to beat anyone, it makes sense to give Fredriksen / Clegg the easier rides to score as many as possible. But of you have a rider like Coles who could have the beating of Roynon in heats 2,4,8 then leave Boxall to beat the second strings in the harder races?

Edited by szkocjasid

On 8/3/2023 at 8:21 PM, IronScorpion said:

Ha Ha!  .... 11 of your last 14 posts have either been in the PL or CL sections!

And your point is? Just because 11 out of 14 posts have been in the PL or CL sections (Are you stalking me?) doesn't mean I've followed the leagues very closely :rofl: I have a look from time to time, but I don't know every single result and I don't know every single guest for each team, I also don't feel the need to comment on everything like some on here do...

The NL I have followed much more closely as well as the Polish Ekstraliga. But still, SWC aside I've been to 6 meetings this year, 4 in the NL, one at Peterborough to see Nicki 10 yards Pedersen take the softest crash ever and pull out and one at Ipswich to see Emil.

The reasons for this are financial on my part, I can't afford to go to as many as I used to and also lack of interest, I'd rather go to one meeting to see a specific rider these days... The Diamonds closing has lost my interest in the sport quite a bit

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Where was Jonus last night?

On going fitness problems apparently. 

Attention now turns to this weekend’s double header, with the Bandits facing Birmingham in the Championship before the National Development League Bullets take on defending champions Leicester Lion Cubs with a 6.30pm start.

Young Dane Jonas Knudsen will be missing on Saturday, as he was due to be on Tuesday, as he has been forced to admit defeat in the struggle to overcome a long-term injury which has restricted his points scoring.

13 minutes ago, Normski said:

Attention now turns to this weekend’s double header, with the Bandits facing Birmingham in the Championship before the National Development League Bullets take on defending champions Leicester Lion Cubs with a 6.30pm start.

Young Dane Jonas Knudsen will be missing on Saturday, as he was due to be on Tuesday, as he has been forced to admit defeat in the struggle to overcome a long-term injury which has restricted his points scoring.

Will he be racing abroad,or is he finished for the season?

No idea means good old R/R appears Jye + 2 reserves

22 minutes ago, Normski said:

Could you say he doesn’t have the balls for it? 

40 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Could you say he doesn’t have the balls for it? 

Ouch!!

Any news of Morris's replacement?

Looking who can guest for Morris on Saturday Lawson, Wright, King, both Worrall’s, Pickering,are all eligible

2 hours ago, Normski said:

No idea means good old R/R appears Jye + 2 reserves

This could be tight if they come up with a decent guest.

• Like 1