British Speedway Forum

Redcar announced a new co-promoter tonight, Keith Miller, who runs Ecco Finishing Supplies who joins Jade and Jamie.

Long term sponsor and supporter of the club.

A good move for us I think, Jamie and Jade are speedway through and through and have done a great job but u the nk it is good to have someone who is running a successful business on board as well. 

Up date on Facebook on Charles Wright.

Update on Charles
Over the course of the last few of days, Doctors felt Charles had made positive progress in terms of pain management and mobility and allowed him out of hospital to rest and recuperate at our hotel, under the strict instruction not to travel home due to the significance of his injuries and his lung pneumothorax’s.
Charles has not been formally discharged as yet and awaits further X-rays and tests tomorrow and if we receive positive news, he should be given a fit to fly. It could of course go the opposite way but we’ll cross that bridge should we come to it.
Although Charles can walk unaided for a short distance, he is predominantly getting about by wheelchair.
Today we will make it back to where this journey began to watch the final at Sparta Wrocław - it will be momentous occasion for them and for us as a family.
Hopefully everything is moving in a positive direction and with everything crossed we hope to get the long awaited discharge papers and we can plan the next stage of the journey in coming home!
As always, thank you to everyone for their unwavering support in all realms.
Leanne
  • Like 5

My opinion only but I hope Kyle Howarth & Justin Sedgmen have failed their auditions to be a Bear in 2024. I know guests are hard at the moment but these two have been woeful for us. 
I know we need 2 guests today (3 if you include Luke) but surely we would be better running R/R on Wednesday and give the fans the chance to cheer on our own riders, & give them extra rides ready for the KOC. 
I know I am on the outside looking in & don’t know the ins & outs of running the team etc, just a fans opinion. 

Personally, Sedgmen would never don a Bears Racejacket ever again. After his attitude, when he rode for us back in 2012.

• Like 1

Ten days to go to the “Silver Helmet” meeting at Redcar, has anyone got any information on the line up? 
 The way the riders came and mingled with the crowd after the KOC defeat to Scunthorpe gave a sense that not all would be there in my opinion. 
Hopefully get some riders filtering through soon. 

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

Ten days to go to the “Silver Helmet” meeting at Redcar, has anyone got any information on the line up? 
 The way the riders came and mingled with the crowd after the KOC defeat to Scunthorpe gave a sense that not all would be there in my opinion. 
Hopefully get some riders filtering through soon. 

Probably flint, Simon lambert for starters 

Won’t be Erik then. Seasons over with a damaged shoulder/rotator cuff? Injury. Best Wishes Erik an injury you could do without

Well that’s it folks! Season over. Silver Helmet cancelled & not to be re staged. See what next year brings