British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

SPEEDWAY IN SPAIN

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Yes that name's familiar. Must look out the edition of "Backtrack".

Haven't managed to locate the article but I did come across Reg Luckhurst's involvement in Majorca (co-promoter Ian Hoskins) where a Marshall Pugh was the top rider to emerge during the short period speedway ran at Son Pardo?

Edited by steve roberts

Yes, I have a Son Pardo badge. Guess Reg brought a load back for Eddie Toogood to sell at Plough lane 

• Like 1

Back to the Flat track. It seems the Superprestigio ended in 2017 as far as i can find. And might have had no speedway rider participating. Freddie was in the year before. Can't find anything since, and looked at the Jordi Arena website, and nothing planned for the next year

According the the wiki site, a meeting was planned for Paris in 2018, but was then pulled as the organiser announced not enough interest from MotoGP riders

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superprestigio_Dirt_Track

It was announced this thursday that this year's Superprestige will take place in Paris. With the event scheduled for December 15th, in UArena, Johann Zarco will be one of the protagonists of this weekend, even because the rider will try to fight for the victory.

When asked about this theme, the rider said he will look to be ready for the race, although he recognizes that the favorite is Marc Márquez. However, the frenchman doesn't guarantee that he will not give up, even because he will be racing at home and will have all the support of the public present.

'The event was in Barcelona for five years and this year it will be good to race in Paris. The favorite for Dirt Racing is Marc Márquez. Let's see if he's in good shape this winter. I will be there and I will train during the season to be there. I'll try to have a better level. I think it's going to be a good thing', Zarco argued at the press conference.

https://www.motorsport-total.com/motogp/news/geringes-interesse-der-motogp-piloten-superprestigio-2018-abgesagt-18110705

The above, looks like Spanish Flat Track..........which isn't really what we call Flat Track

Edited by iris123