British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

How's that then when they didn't make the playoffs this season

15 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Thanks almost entirely to Nathan Ablitt refusing to travel to their last match at Armadale.       

I think it's safe to say, Mister A won't be getting resigned!

For a side that on paper should have dominated the league (before they strengthened by signing Mulford) that's a pitiful excuse for not making the top 4 tbh. Imo the biggest underachievers in NL history - because they had the potential to be so much better! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

On a more global view almost the entire team under performed expectations throughout the season. Two riders with a home away differential in excess of four and two more over two tells the story.

Indeed, if they make the play-offs would be massive favourites, just have to get there first!

For information a new comets Facebook page has launched follow on    Workington comets     hope THJ does not mind me shouting out that the comets are back !!  

Up the comets. UTC 

• Like 1

For those without Facebook here what was said on the 1st page 

Welcome to the official Workington Comets Facebook page!️

With 2023 on the horizon, team building is well underway for next season with seven riders currently committed to riding for the Comets in 2023!

Ticket prices and Sponsorship opportunities will be announced in the New Year!

WE HAVE BIG NEWS COMING SOON... STAY TUNED!

#COMETS2023 #Upthecomets

All training and amateur meetings will be managed via Northside Speedway Training Facility

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:11 PM, Neila said:

For information a new comets Facebook page has launched follow on    Workington comets     hope THJ does not mind me shouting out that the comets are back !!  

Up the comets. UTC 

No buddy you go for it I'm not on Facebook anyway so someone needs to get it out there... I have been trying to get a link on here to the John Walsh release that covered the back page of the times and star last week... I will have another go at it tomorrow...

Regards 

THJ 

Announcement on Facebook tonight at 8  think the team could be named 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think ya getting one rider...

An a reserve at that...

Regards 

THJ 

You at No 8 :D

• Haha 2

Luke Harrison announced on Facebook & Twitter

Edited by StevePark
For Twitter link
  • Thanks 1

A good 1st signing, other tracks will not be happy,to miss this signing, if any comets fans have lost touch with speedway Luke was very good last year as a 15 year old , got a good future in front of him

• Like 4

Lets be honest Luke is one of the most influential signings of the winter, the signature every team wanted so expectation is now on Worky to deliver the rest of the side to match.

51 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Lets be honest Luke is one of the most influential signings of the winter, the signature every team wanted so expectation is now on Worky to deliver the rest of the side to match.

Agree a little bit. But just glad to have speedway back in Workington, but surely the point of the 3rd league is to bring young kids like Luke etc through the ranks,and  onto hopefully bigger and better things ??  Personally I would like a team of up and coming riders gaining experience, rather than building a win at all cost team, but I know to attract a crowd you have to have a good mixture of both . Anyway good luck to all involved, looking forward to next announcement, up the comets   UTC

• Like 3