British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Would Kent go without Ablitt?

Yeah I forgot he rode for Scunthorpe tbh haha. If they are he’s on a decent average so plenty of capable guests would be available I suppose, time will tell!

On 9/16/2023 at 5:22 PM, StevePark said:

Would Kent go without Ablitt?

Think Ablitt decides where he rides rather than the club. Sadly with the financial losses Kent are in the situation of go and lose money so likely a cheaper guest than Ablitt would be a benefit.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think Ablitt decides where he rides rather than the club. Sadly with the financial losses Kent are in the situation of go and lose money so likely a cheaper guest than Ablitt would be a benefit.

Well, yes, but it would be up to Kent if they went to Workington on that day, therefore (if they did), they would be going with or without Ablitt on their terms.

I see there's no word on the Kent Home meeting or the re-staging of the NLDRC yet? Didn't expect to be running into October speedway at Northside this year.

11 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I see there's no word on the Kent Home meeting or the re-staging of the NLDRC yet? Didn't expect to be running into October speedway at Northside this year.

1st week Oct should be the end of everything, no one wants to be stood in the cold

Think they will be waiting until the championship play off  shambles gets sorted, otherwise a lot of the riders could be missing from the NDLRC final

• Like 2

On 9/26/2023 at 12:04 PM, Marksman said:

I too was wondering why the Kent match is taking so long to be announced, no Champ matches this Saturday, so could have raced without missing riders

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I too was wondering why the Kent match is taking so long to be announced, no Champ matches this Saturday, so could have raced without missing riders

Even if it does happen there will be more guests than on Parkinson for the Royals. An injury ravaged side travelling away in October when most riders are ready to pack up for the season. Also no incentive for Kent to get the match on as its pure outlay on their side. Hard to promote from a Worky perspective too as a dead rubber match against half a team on a likely cold day is hardly appealing. Will be interesting if the mafia step in and say it must be run or if they will just happily take the fine from Workington.

4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Even if it does happen there will be more guests than on Parkinson for the Royals. An injury ravaged side travelling away in October when most riders are ready to pack up for the season. Also no incentive for Kent to get the match on as its pure outlay on their side. Hard to promote from a Worky perspective too as a dead rubber match against half a team on a likely cold day is hardly appealing. Will be interesting if the mafia step in and say it must be run or if they will just happily take the fine from Workington.

For the integrity of the sport (don't laugh at me) it really should be run. I don't know if Workington have season tickets, but if they do, they'd be missing out on a match, so would any sponsors expecting x amount of meetings for publicity. Not to mention young hungry British youngsters wanting track time.

• Haha 1

Sat 7 October: