British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

Slightly off topic from today's 'hot conversations, but could anyone kindly tell me the date of the speedway star which featured Birmingham's 2022 review? Many thanks! :)

Edited by S4r4h

10 minutes ago, S4r4h said:

Slightly off topic from today's 'hot conversations, but could anyone kindly tell me the date of the speedway star which featured Birmingham's 2022 review? Many thanks! :)

Found it! Stop looking! Thanks :rolleyes::party:

Would Max Clegg fit the number 6 place. Solid rider and lots of experience.

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

Would Max Clegg fit the number 6 place. Solid rider and lots of experience.

Not likely. Looking at GS under Leicester with reduction it is 5.23. But have they sorted out all the averages for everyone who rode for Newcastle? 

23 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not likely. Looking at GS under Leicester with reduction it is 5.23. But have they sorted out all the averages for everyone who rode for Newcastle? 

Yes they were completely cancelled so Newcastle never happened in 2022 as far as the stats go. Anyone who didn't ride for another team, such as George Congreve for example are effectively new starters this year. That's how he can go to Mildenhall in the NL on 4.5.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

No Tate Zische till June.....

And Plan B is ????

Wasn't Gino always plan A? 

Are they waiting for the USA v ROW meeting next week to announce him live on the BSN broadcast? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DJC said:

Are they waiting for the USA v ROW meeting next week to announce him live on the BSN broadcast? 

Not sure you have got that right, think you maybe waiting a long time 

1 hour ago, DJC said:

It could be that it was I who started this hare ... I saw in the Speedway Star that Gino wanted to come over here and had a low average, and so suggested it on this forum. This speculation/wild guess seems to have taken on a life of its own! If it was really Manzares, he would have been signed by now?

• Like 1

Just now, *JJ said:

It could be that it was I who started this hare ... I saw in the Speedway Star that Gino wanted to come over here and had a low average, and so suggested it on this forum. This speculation/wild guess seems to have taken on a life of its own! If it was really Manzares, he would have been signed by now?

Everyone said the same about Roynon at Poole. He was the only rider that fit yet they took months to announce it. 

I just have a hunch it will be him, he fits, Laurence was always associated with the US lads when they came over, seems like he would be the best choice from what's out there now he's signed I think in Sweden for next year so he's already in Europe. 

That said, it will probably be someone like Tom Perry 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DJC said:

Everyone said the same about Roynon at Poole. He was the only rider that fit yet they took months to announce it. 

I just have a hunch it will be him, he fits, Laurence was always associated with the US lads when they came over, seems like he would be the best choice from what's out there now he's signed I think in Sweden for next year so he's already in Europe. 

That said, it will probably be someone like Tom Perry 

Love Tom, but I'm hoping your suggestion is said in jest !:D

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

Love Tom, but I'm hoping your suggestion is said in jest !:D

Very much so, no slight on him at all. 

But all the talk of Tate Z, Gino and the like makes the silence feel like it will be more of a journeyman NL rider in at reserve. 

Could turn out the opposite way, didn't Edinburgh struggle to fill a reserve spot and hold a trial day resulting in them finding Bewley?

25 minutes ago, DJC said:

Very much so, no slight on him at all. 

But all the talk of Tate Z, Gino and the like makes the silence feel like it will be more of a journeyman NL rider in at reserve. 

Could turn out the opposite way, didn't Edinburgh struggle to fill a reserve spot and hold a trial day resulting in them finding Bewley?

Apologies...I wasn't insinuating that you were being disrespectful...I actually thought that you might be being serious :D (after all, Tom made an appearance last season v Big Al's Memorial)

I think you may be right with 'Gino'?

I don't think there can be too much criticism whoever it is....(it's only a reserve...no expectations and all that)

The damage is/was done signing Morris on a 10 plus average! IMO

21 hours ago, DJC said:

Jack Smith?  B) (Troublemaking smirk).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Jack Smith?  B) (Troublemaking smirk).

Had bags of potential and solid backing...but seems to have wasted it?

You've either got it, or you haven't and he looks like he hasn't ?

One natural quality he did have (from memory) is : He was a very good gater! (something that you can't teach...well, to a point!)