British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PowerfulPierre

Leicester Lion Cubs 2023

Teams for Saturday

LEICESTER: Adam Roynon, Ashton Boughen, Max Perry, Tom Spencer, Joe Thompson, Kai Ward, Max James.
BELLE VUE: Sam Hagon, Matt Marson, Jack Smith, Freddy Hodder, James Pearson, Paul Bowen, Luke Muff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Teams for Saturday

LEICESTER: Adam Roynon, Ashton Boughen, Max Perry, Tom Spencer, Joe Thompson, Kai Ward, Max James.
BELLE VUE: Sam Hagon, Matt Marson, Jack Smith, Freddy Hodder, James Pearson, Paul Bowen, Luke Muff.

Roynon a more than adequate replacement.   Currently averaging 10.33 from 3 matches against Dan Thompson's 9.60 from a similar 3 matches.

Can't see anyone getting close to Leicester at home.   55-35 

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Roynon a more than adequate replacement.   Currently averaging 10.33 from 3 matches against Dan Thompson's 9.60 from a similar 3 matches.

Can't see anyone getting close to Leicester at home.   55-35 

No1 get close, berwick nearly beat them they are beatable not as strong as previous seasons.

Roynon will do a job gor the Cubs but I don't expect him to come up with any heroics if he doesn't make the gate. I can understand why, he's had some horrific crashes over the years. I'm not expecting much from Ward. I suspect James will get five rides. As a result I think the score could be quite close. I'm hoping Joe Thompson has a good night as I think it will do his confidence a load of good.

15 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Roynon will do a job gor the Cubs but I don't expect him to come up with any heroics if he doesn't make the gate. I can understand why, he's had some horrific crashes over the years. I'm not expecting much from Ward. I suspect James will get five rides. As a result I think the score could be quite close. I'm hoping Joe Thompson has a good night as I think it will do his confidence a load of good.

So no beating a rider the quality of Ben Morley off a 15 metre handicap then?

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/meeting.php?mc1=x&mc2=f&mc3=pf&mc4=Oxford Chargers&comp=NL&meeting=440

On 6/3/2023 at 1:16 PM, arnieg said:

Glad Joe got a 15 point max against strong opposition, including beating his Birmingham team mate. It looked dodgy after 4 races but the Cubs rallied well. If Dan and Vinnie had been riding it would have been.a bigger winning margin.

52 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Glad Joe got a 15 point max against strong opposition, including beating his Birmingham team mate. It looked dodgy after 4 races but the Cubs rallied well. If Dan and Vinnie had been riding it would have been.a bigger winning margin.

Pleased to see  Tom and Max P get decent scores.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 3:16 PM, Lenny Lion said:

Had it confirmed today the Cubs 1-7 is in place . 

Ashton Boughen has been offered a contract & will be in the Cubs team in 2023 . 5 riders are returning & 2 new riders coming into the team. 

If true I am looking forward to an exciting season with bright young talents

Might not be a Lion Cub next season now that he's under contract to Oxford.  Ironically his next match for the Cubs is on Saturday against his next season's team mates.

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Might not be a Lion Cub next season now that he's under contract to Oxford.  Ironically his next match for the Cubs is on Saturday against his next season's team mates.

Perhaps the opportunity for more practice sessions at Beaumont Park than at Cowley might influence his decision about who he rides for in the NDL next season.

On 8/23/2023 at 11:27 AM, Happy Hunter said:

Perhaps the opportunity for more practice sessions at Beaumont Park than at Cowley might influence his decision about who he rides for in the NDL next season.

Will there be a cubs under the new owners? There wasn't under the old ones was there? Especially as there are a total of zero riders in the senior team from the Cubs 

Is there any danger Leicester don't fulfill their fixtures and miss out on the playoffs as a result? Still no news on rearranged Oxford and Mildenhall meetings.

Edited by Bojangles

12 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Is there any danger Leicester don't fulfill their fixtures and miss out on the playoffs as a result? Still no news on rearranged Oxford and Mildenhall meetings.

There's a few Mondays and Thursdays free now after the Lions result tonight!

• Like 1

Now the Lions season is over, you'd think the Lion Cubs would have been quicker to announce their remaining 2 league fixtures, especially as they've got the KOC final & are 99% in the play-off final, plus need a free date for the jubilee cup

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Now the Lions season is over, you'd think the Lion Cubs would have been quicker to announce their remaining 2 league fixtures, especially as they've got the KOC final & are 99% in the play-off final, plus need a free date for the jubilee cup

Might be easier said than done.  The opposition have to agree a date.  Leicester can't just announce a date!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

and with 9 free Saturday dates between the 2nd of September and the end of the season you have to question why they were staging double headers when they know they can never complete them!