British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

14 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Any reason why you keep quoting and answering yourself?? 

I think it's hilarious.Best one so far"How do you think Wolves will go this season " followed by very next post " I think they'll do ok". It's all a bit of fun really,no harm done. 

There doesn’t seem to be the transfer “window” that we had last year, just a cut off point so changes can be made whenever clubs feel like it up to that point. Because of that it’s impossible to say who will ultimately lift the pot in August/September. There probably won’t be a single club that finishes the season with the same 7 riders that started it..

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There doesn’t seem to be the transfer “window” that we had last year, just a cut off point so changes can be made whenever clubs feel like it up to that point. Because of that it’s impossible to say who will ultimately lift the pot in August/September. There probably won’t be a single club that finishes the season with the same 7 riders that started it..

So could turn out to be who has the biggest tin of petty cash come play offs.  

Just now, Baldyman said:

So could turn out to be who has the biggest tin of petty cash come play offs.  

Exactly. The champions will probably be whoever makes the shrewdest changes during the season. Or more accurately, who can get Robert Lambert in just before the cut off date..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Exactly. The champions will probably be whoever makes the shrewdest changes during the season. Or more accurately, who can get Robert Lambert in just before the cut off date..

The Aces in Pole Postion then..

"He's one of our own"..

"That Robert Lambert, he's one of our own"......:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 3

If and that's a big IF all teams remain injury free, then I can't see beyond Sheffield being crowned champions. That's in another epic grand final with Belle Vue.

28 minutes ago, hyderd said:

If and that's a big IF all teams remain injury free, then I can't see beyond Sheffield being crowned champions. That's in another epic grand final with Belle Vue.

BV not as strong as last year ....

Cannot see beyond Sheffield... and it all depends on who Peterborough and Ipswich get in, but as it stands I'd go:

Sheffield
Leicester
Belle Vue
Peterborough
----------------------------
Wolves (home form only getting them to #5, christ how stale is their team becoming)
King's Lynn
Ipswich (I don't believe Doyle & Emil if true to be signing will rescue the season but very exciting to watch)

4 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

Cannot see beyond Sheffield... and it all depends on who Peterborough and Ipswich get in, but as it stands I'd go:

Sheffield
Leicester
Belle Vue
Peterborough
----------------------------
Wolves (home form only getting them to #5, christ how stale is their team becoming)
King's Lynn
Ipswich (I don't believe Doyle & Emil if true to be signing will rescue the season but very exciting to watch)

CVS doesnt like making changes ...lol...

4 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

CVS doesnt like making changes ...lol...

If Ipswich  get Emil will make a big difference  to there team ....heats 13 and 15 ....match winner's..

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Bungalow ....

Certainly nothing up top

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

BV not as strong as last year ....

That's why I expect Sheffield to win the league this coming season...............against Belle Vue in the grand final. PS that's as teams presently stand