British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

His attitude to British clubs remains suspect. 

He is not the only one on that score !!

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

He is not the only one on that score !!

Absolutely!! But he is one of the worst hence why I feel he is completely overrated.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Absolutely!! But he is one of the worst hence why I feel he is completely overrated.

I don't think he's 'overrated' because very few people think it's a great signing. Essentially if Alex Brady can keep him motivated and interested he could be a very solid heat leader and that's essentially all he needs to be a all that can be reasonably expected. If he can't be arsed he'll be gone in no time at all so it'll be interesting to see what transpires. 

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't think he's 'overrated' because very few people think it's a great signing. Essentially if Alex Brady can keep him motivated and interested he could be a very solid heat leader and that's essentially all he needs to be a all that can be reasonably expected. If he can't be arsed he'll be gone in no time at all so it'll be interesting to see what transpires. 

I think that’s how much his ‘star’ has fallen that no one really sees him as one of the big stars returning. 

1) Sheffield - look to have strength in all the right places, heat leaders not as strong as some others (but not weak either), but make up for it elsewhere & look to have good reserves.

2) King's Lynn - solid top 6 & should have the strongest reserve in the league. While they don't have any top heat leaders, they make up for it with their second strings / number 6.

3) Wolverhampton - very solid top 5, could all average 7+. No superstars, but a decent number one & the strongest RS.

4) Ipswich - powerhouse top 2. Rest of the top 5 isn't as strong as any of the teams I've placed above them.

5) Belle Vue - fantastic number one & a good number 2. Not quite got 3rd heat leader / second string strength. Have the weakest RS. However home track form could help with bonus points!

6) Peterborough - great number one. But after that doesn't look so good. Not an awful team just, don't see much improvement in the rest of the team. Other teams simply look better.

7) Leicester - top 4 looks great, but think Sedgmen / Allen is where they are weak. Sedgmen would be an ok reserve but don't see him as a top 5 rider.

I do feel all the teams look strong enough to win plenty of their home matches, so I don't think anyone will be cast adrift & this could be the closest league for some time.

The more I compare teams, I realise most of the number 6s could end up on similar averages: Blodorn, Hume, Allen, & both Cooks. So I feel they cancel themselves out, with King's Lynn & Sheffield having the advantage there.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 4:43 PM, Bagpuss said:

Hes same as Bjanne Pedersen good on a certain day but bang average most of the time.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 11:25 PM, szkocjasid said:

1) Sheffield - look to have strength in all the right places, heat leaders not as strong as some others (but not weak either), but make up for it elsewhere & look to have good reserves.

2) King's Lynn - solid top 6 & should have the strongest reserve in the league. While they don't have any top heat leaders, they make up for it with their second strings / number 6.

3) Wolverhampton - very solid top 5, could all average 7+. No superstars, but a decent number one & the strongest RS.

4) Ipswich - powerhouse top 2. Rest of the top 5 isn't as strong as any of the teams I've placed above them.

5) Belle Vue - fantastic number one & a good number 2. Not quite got 3rd heat leader / second string strength. Have the weakest RS. However home track form could help with bonus points!

6) Peterborough - great number one. But after that doesn't look so good. Not an awful team just, don't see much improvement in the rest of the team. Other teams simply look better.

7) Leicester - top 4 looks great, but think Sedgmen / Allen is where they are weak. Sedgmen would be an ok reserve but don't see him as a top 5 rider.

I do feel all the teams look strong enough to win plenty of their home matches, so I don't think anyone will be cast adrift & this could be the closest league for some time.

The more I compare teams, I realise most of the number 6s could end up on similar averages: Blodorn, Hume, Allen, & both Cooks. So I feel they cancel themselves out, with King's Lynn & Sheffield having the advantage there.

I agree ....K.L and Sheffield do look like they have the advantage at No 6 ...some useful points from the reserves can make all the difference....

8 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

I agree ....K.L and Sheffield do look like they have the advantage at No 6 ...some useful points from the reserves can make all the difference....

K Lynn yes, Sheffield questionable, I personally rate J Lidsey and T Brennan above L Kerr. Both have higher averages than Kerr. Time will tell though.

18 minutes ago, hyderd said:

K Lynn yes, Sheffield questionable, I personally rate J Lidsey and T Brennan above L Kerr. Both have higher averages than Kerr. Time will tell though.

I'm expecting Blodorn to end up at reserve, scoring plenty points at the NSS, but not away (especially at Wolves).

21 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Hes same as Bjanne Pedersen good on a certain day but bang average most of the time.

Think that's a little unfair on Bjarne to be honest, was a good servant to British speedway and always tried,in his prime certainly wasn't average and think he had quite a say in Peterborough's league title in 2021.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

The Stars will have the best reserve all season imho. Freddie  will be on a 7+ after a couple of meetings. Take ya pick :)

1. Nicolai Klindt 7.39

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.35

3. Michael Palm Toft 6.86

4. Krzysztof Kasprzak 6.86

5. Josh Pickering 6.14

6. Frederik Jakobsen 5.04

7. Jason Edwards (RS)

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The Stars will have the best reserve all season imho. Freddie  will be on a 7+ after a couple of meetings. Take ya pick :)

1. Nicolai Klindt 7.39

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.35

5. Josh Pickering 6.14

7. Jason Edwards (RS)

Cheats! :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

1. Nicolai Klindt 7.39

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.35

5. Josh Pickering 6.14

7. Jason Edwards (RS)

Just won’t win a heat 1 or 15 ,everyone gets a crack at reserve

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm expecting Blodorn to end up at reserve, scoring plenty points at the NSS, but not away (especially at Wolves).

Lidsey wont be at reserve  long ...