British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

5 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

As I understood it Freddy moves into the top five after the first league meeting and unless one of the 6 pointers has a disaster it will be Pickering who drops to reserve.

Jakobsen will get 4 matches before he moved up (2 x KOC) plus an away league match before the home league match he needs to get a new average. Should give Lynn an early season boost.

It'll definitely be Pickering dropping to reserve as the rest of the team won't get new averages when Jakobsen does!

On 3/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, gazzac said:

Think that's a little unfair on Bjarne to be honest, was a good servant to British speedway and always tried,in his prime certainly wasn't average and think he had quite a say in Peterborough's league title in 2021.

Don't say that  to Birmingham fans known there as Bjarne Pedalbike. 

Strange question to ask here i know, but I don't want to create a whole new thread just to ask a question, but do League cup (or whatever you call it now) and KOC fixtures count towards the rider average?

Also can Tact sub rides be used in either cup competition?

Edited by Diamonds85

10 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Strange question to ask here i know, but I don't want to create a whole new thread just to ask a question, but do League cup (or whatever you call it now) and KOC fixtures count towards the rider average?

Also can Tact sub rides be used in either cup competition?

Cup matches don't count towards averages (nor do certain league matches if it suits an agenda.....)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Cup matches don't count towards averages (nor do certain league matches if it suits an agenda.....)

Thanks, I didn't think they did but wasn't 100% sure... I take it that's the same for both cups too?

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Thanks, I didn't think they did but wasn't 100% sure... I take it that's the same for both cups too?

Tactical’s not allowed in any two legged competition 

13 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Tactical’s not allowed in any two legged competition 

But with the return of the aggregate bonus point aren't all league matches two legged competitions?

27 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But with the return of the aggregate bonus point aren't all league matches two legged competitions?

Tactical’s not allowed in Premier KO Cup

36 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Spot on

I think the day of the double tac is over - particularly with the new dawn of transparency and integrity heralded as part of the Phil Morris appointment....

On 3/8/2023 at 10:04 AM, 4BM said:

It’s a strange one with the number 6 spot this year as a lot of good riders down there, some on artificial averages. Just checked Lewis Kerr and with certain matches not counting towards his average in his time at Sheffield (Play offs, League Cup final) his last 10 rolling would be 6.72 (7.54 inc bonus points) if all matches counted, that’s against his actual end of season rolling of 4.71.  Like Kings Lynn with their compact second strings I can see Kerr, Howarth and Bellego all possibly having stints at number 6 during the season, think most teams will see movement between 2/4/6 especially once riders have bedded in and received an actual average for this season 

All meaningful matches should be included in riders averages. What's the difference between a K/O Cup and a League Match? True averages would then apply and be the same for all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

All meaningful matches should be included in riders averages. What's the difference between a K/O Cup and a League Match? True averages would then apply and be the same for all.

It should  be based on  2 home 2 away league averages...10 rolling leaves it open to fiddle...

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

It should  be based on  2 home 2 away league averages...10 rolling leaves it open to fiddle...

And using 2 home 2 away would leave it more open to manipulation. Someone could drop from a 10 point average to 4 within a month. Very handy at the end of the season!!!

34 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

And using 2 home 2 away would leave it more open to manipulation. Someone could drop from a 10 point average to 4 within a month. Very handy at the end of the season!!!

It was always that before ...10 is No good...

42 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

No it wasn't.

In the past averages were based on every league match in the season.  They still should.   Rolling averages should be based on the number of league matches in a season.  10 is too few to get a fair average.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

What are you on about?  The fewer meetings it’s based on, the worse it is. Are you you seriously saying an average is better based on 4 meetings than 10? If so you know nothing about speedway! Imagine the scenario, Ipswich guaranteed a playoff place with 4 meetings still to ride, Emil and Doyle could drop their average to 4 and start the next season as reserves. That’s better though hey!