British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

This one is harder to predict then the championship. I don't think there is bad team been put together so far. Only predicting finished teams 

1. Sheffield - What a side. No weaknesses in this team 

2. Belle Vue - One of the world's best at number 1 and a strong main body. Big year for Charley Charles at 3.

3. Leicester - Super strong top 4. Dan Thomson is a weapon at home. Unbeaten at home next season. 

4. Kings Lynn - Solid throughout. Just lacks another big hitter. But reserves will be key for kings Lynn

5. Wolves - Solid again but just lacks firepower . Can't see them going many places and winning. Needs another big number 1. Decent reserves though..

Including the predictions for Peterborough & Ipswich's final spots

1. Peterborough (Holder, Tungate, Iversen) 

2. Ipswich (with Emil) 

3. Sheffield

4. Belle Vue

5. Wolverhampton 

6. Leicester 

7. King's Lynn 

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

This one is harder to predict then the championship. I don't think there is bad team been put together so far. Only predicting finished teams 

1. Sheffield - What a side. No weaknesses in this team 

2. Belle Vue - One of the world's best at number 1 and a strong main body. Big year for Charley Charles at 3.

3. Leicester - Super strong top 4. Dan Thomson is a weapon at home. Unbeaten at home next season. 

4. Kings Lynn - Solid throughout. Just lacks another big hitter. But reserves will be key for kings Lynn

5. Wolves - Solid again but just lacks firepower . Can't see them going many places and winning. Needs another big number 1. Decent reserves though..

Sheffield lack a bit at 2 and 4 for me...Bellego and Howarth.....Not great away....Bv...not as strong as last year .wolves could be a surprise...if reserves score sum point...best RS in league ...by far ..

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Including the predictions for Peterborough & Ipswich's final spots

1. Peterborough (Holder, Tungate, Iversen) 

2. Ipswich (with Emil) 

3. Sheffield

4. Belle Vue

5. Wolverhampton 

6. Leicester 

7. King's Lynn 

Peterborough not 4 me....Ipswich  look good if they get Emil ....especially heats 13 and 15....

The panthers proposed team with the top 3 of NKI, Holder, Tungate mixes it with Sheffield and Belle Vue so that's the top 3 for me and Ipswich 

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If they all stay fit,,, looks like another Sheffield v Belle Vue final to me 

Cant see that ..Sheffield 2 and 4 can be a bit unreliable away from home .Bv arnt as strong as last year ...only won league  because  of the stunt they pulled with R.Lambert...fair play to them ...it worked

3 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The panthers proposed team with the top 3 of NKI, Holder, Tungate mixes it with Sheffield and Belle Vue so that's the top 3 for me and Ipswich 

Nki always injured...Holder not good on small tracks and Tungate ..unreliable at times...

5 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Nki always injured...Holder not good on small tracks and Tungate ..unreliable at times...

Injury can hit any team at any time 

3 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

There aren't many small tracks in the 2023 Prem Lge, so I wouldn't lose much sleep over that, even if it was true...

• Like 1

Sheffield and Belle vue I the final all day long unless Peterborough sign an outstanding team?

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Sheffield and Belle vue I the final all day long unless Peterborough sign an outstanding team?

Sheffield  do look good...not so sure about BV ...not as strong  as last year ...