British Speedway Forum
Rob Dyer

Nora Speedway League - Sponsored by Nora 92

18 minutes ago, Binman said:

Hull Vikings Boston ,Scunthorpe stags 

And who puts these teams together and runs the event, any idea? I suppose if its RG or on his behalf, they will say the difference is that they are being run by a recognised promotion. 

9 hours ago, skydog said:

And who puts these teams together and runs the event, any idea? I suppose if its RG or on his behalf, they will say the difference is that they are being run by a recognised promotion. 

It's a Richard Hollingsworth organised event he puts scunthorpe team together to run alongside other classes in amateur meetings. Think Lee and kean dicken organised the hull team the amsa team is done by their organisation and I think Sam woods does Boston. This event is open to anyone who wants to put a team together just contact Richard. The main difference here is all riders pay to enter and no payments are made to riders and fans don't pay to watch, so it's different from the IOW events and the Mdsl where fans pay and or riders are paid. If you would like to enter a team contact Richard I'm sure he would be happy to include more teams.

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

It's a Richard Hollingsworth organised event he puts scunthorpe team together to run alongside other classes in amateur meetings. Think Lee and kean dicken organised the hull team the amsa team is done by their organisation and I think Sam woods does Boston. This event is open to anyone who wants to put a team together just contact Richard. The main difference here is all riders pay to enter and no payments are made to riders and fans don't pay to watch, so it's different from the IOW events and the Mdsl where fans pay and or riders are paid. If you would like to enter a team contact Richard I'm sure he would be happy to include more teams.

Thanks for the info, but I would dispute that MSDL riders were being paid. We helped them towards expenses, nobody made money out of it. However if the riders are actually paying to enter, and there are other classes apart from the team event, then that is a difference. Sticks in the craw a bit though that we were told we couldnt use the words Reading or Racers, even for a 6 heat  challenge  cos we werent making sufficient effort to find a new home. Are Boston and Hull trying?

4 minutes ago, skydog said:

Thanks for the info, but I would dispute that MSDL riders were being paid. We helped them towards expenses, nobody made money out of it. However if the riders are actually paying to enter, and there are other classes apart from the team event, then that is a difference. Sticks in the craw a bit though that we were told we couldnt use the words Reading or Racers, even for a 6 heat  challenge  cos we werent making sufficient effort to find a new home. Are Boston and Hull trying?

No idea if Boston and Hull are trying this is a totally amateur event so wouldn't see why they would have to be. Think if you enter a team in an amateur meeting you can call them what you want . Covering expenses is payment which ever way you look at it. I would suggest if you want to run your Racers team contact Richard I'm sure he could help.

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

No idea if Boston and Hull are trying this is a totally amateur event so wouldn't see why they would have to be. Think if you enter a team in an amateur meeting you can call them what you want . Covering expenses is payment which ever way you look at it. I would suggest if you want to run your Racers team contact Richard I'm sure he could help.

Bottom line is we were told that to run in MSDL we had to prove we were actively looking for a new home (we were, and sent emails to prove it). This was regardless of whether we were giving any money to the riders or not, so that is clearly not the difference. And no, I'm not asking these questions because we want to enter a team - the BSPL have severely dented our enthusiasm - I'm asking to see if there is indeed a difference between how we were treated and how others are being treated. I'd say it's a fair question.

7 hours ago, skydog said:

Bottom line is we were told that to run in MSDL we had to prove we were actively looking for a new home (we were, and sent emails to prove it). This was regardless of whether we were giving any money to the riders or not, so that is clearly not the difference. And no, I'm not asking these questions because we want to enter a team - the BSPL have severely dented our enthusiasm - I'm asking to see if there is indeed a difference between how we were treated and how others are being treated. I'd say it's a fair question.

Don't think you were treated any differently. Difference is this is totally amateur and not run in conjunction the scb/Bspl meetings like mdsl meetings are.

38 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Don't think you were treated any differently. Difference is this is totally amateur and not run in conjunction the scb/Bspl meetings like mdsl meetings are.

I think that sums it up perfectly  but what about sorting a Reading team out for a challenge match

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Ok, are these amateur events being run under Nora? If so I get it. Then we're back to Scunthorpe being allowed to run Nora but not Plymouth, which is where this all started I think!

13 hours ago, skydog said:

Ok, are these amateur events being run under Nora? If so I get it. Then we're back to Scunthorpe being allowed to run Nora but not Plymouth, which is where this all started I think!

No idea under what guise they are run why not ask Richard instead of going round in circles on here making assumptions to suit your way of thinking . Getting the answer from the man is always a step in the right direction 

Pardon me for thinking that a club that runs under the BSPL and SCB was running an amateur meeting under that particular umbrella. 

6 hours ago, skydog said:

Pardon me for thinking that a club that runs under the BSPL and SCB was running an amateur meeting under that particular umbrella. 

If they were Nora events , Nora would provide their own staff, medics and Insurance but that is not the case for the ‘ British Amateur League ‘ as these events are called and Yes, they include Hull and Boston in their 4 team tournaments. AMSA and Redcar have also taken part in the recent past so it can be assumed that Richard ( a top guy by the way ) runs the events under the standard SCB permits, which is the norm at tracks who run amateur events and practices.

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

If they were Nora events , Nora would provide their own staff, medics and Insurance but that is not the case for the ‘ British Amateur League ‘ as these events are called and Yes, they include Hull and Boston in their 4 team tournaments. AMSA and Redcar have also taken part in the recent past so it can be assumed that Richard ( a top guy by the way ) runs the events under the standard SCB permits, which is the norm at tracks who run amateur events and practices.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Not knocking Richard in any way and am sure he does a stirling job. Just interested in who runs these and under whose rules, what with all the talk about Nora. Thanks again. 

4 hours ago, skydog said:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Not knocking Richard in any way and am sure he does a stirling job. Just interested in who runs these and under whose rules, what with all the talk about Nora. Thanks again. 

That's sorted now get that management team together and put a team out I am sure there is riders in the North will help