British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

European Championship SEC 2023 4th round Pardubice Friday 22nd September Live on TV

45 minutes ago, eric i said:

why?

Because Onesport pay peanuts for the rights to  FIM Europe compared to the millions DSE pay  to the FIM for the GP rights and have every right to protect their business which is why the FIM agree and GP riders are also not allowed to be  nominated series wildcards. We therefore will see a reduction of GP riders in it if Madsen or Dudek or Michelsen fail to finish in the top 5 in the comp.

Edited by racers and royals

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Because Onesport pay peanuts for the rights to  FIM Europe whereas DSE pay millions to the FIM and have every right to protect their business which is why the FIM agree and GP riders are also not allowed to be  nominated series wildcards. We therefore will see a reduction of GP riders in it if Madsen or Dudek or Michelsen fail to finish in the top 5 in the comp.

Tar,

Until Leon, Dudek and Michelsen drop out the top 5 they are at a bit of an unfair advantage when it comes to GP qualification.

13 minutes ago, eric i said:

Tar,

Until Leon, Dudek and Michelsen drop out the top 5 they are at a bit of an unfair advantage when it comes to GP qualification.

Only if they win the SEC- incidentally if one of them win it and is in the top 6 finishers in the GP the SEC spot doesn’t go to the next in line. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Further changes tomorrow through injury should see Wozniak and NKI replace Zengota and Kolodziej.

Iversen replaced Zengota.

Wozniak in for Kolodziej.

The whole line-up for this is horrific 

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The whole line-up for this is horrific 

Doesn’t follow that the racing won’t be good though. Field = to GP Challenge final line-up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Doesn’t follow that the racing won’t be good though. Field = to GP Challenge final line-up.

Not sure I'd want any of that field in the GPs though. This series staryed off so well with some big names but it's deteriorating year on year

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not sure I'd want any of that field in the GPs though. This series staryed off so well with some big names but it's deteriorating year on year

I have already explained why in earlier posts- all part of the agreement on the winner getting a GP place the following year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

This series was a big mistake from the word go.

• Confused 1