British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Ipswich vs Peterborough 23rd march

Come in then, first one of the new season. I know it’s 10 days away but let’s have your thoughts.

pedersen looks sharp in pre season training. Quickest out the traps in Denmark training camp. Andersen normally goes quite well round Ipswich. Saying that I can’t see anything other than a witches win. 

50-40

Going to go for a very slender 46-44 home win for the Witches, looking at the potential line ups and presuming its Kemp not Rowe at no.7 for Ipswich, i can see the Purple Panthers leading by around 2-4 points by Heat 10 but Witches will turn it around in the last 5 races.

Doyle unbeaten, Emil to score around 8/9 from 5 rides 

• Like 1

75-15 with the pussycats veing lucky to get the 15 ;)

• Haha 1

Not being biased, I fancy us to catch the Witches cold here, I would've predicted Ipswich to win if the meeting was taking place a few weeks into the season though.

Emil & Rew will be riding the track for the first time in a competitive meeting, It'll be Emil's first match back from a seasons ban while the other is returning from a recent injury so they may not score as highly, With Ipswich' reserves it's a team built where the 1-5 has to fire on all cylinders.

As for Peterborough both Andersen & Worrall go well around Ipswich, Basso likes the place too going on his showings last season, If Ben Cook can score a few then I fancy a narrow win.

Ipswich 44 - 46 Panthers

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

Not being biased, I fancy us to catch the Witches cold here, I would've predicted Ipswich to win if the meeting was taking place a few weeks into the season though.

Emil & Rew will be riding the track for the first time in a competitive meeting, It'll be Emil's first match back from a seasons ban while the other is returning from a recent injury so they may not score as highly, With Ipswich' reserves it's a team built where the 1-5 has to fire on all cylinders.

As for Peterborough both Andersen & Worrall go well around Ipswich, Basso likes the place too going on his showings last season, If Ben Cook can score a few then I fancy a narrow win.

Ipswich 44 - 46 Panthers

Add Riss to the serious question mark. Not fully fit “til May/June” after ACL surgery in December that takes around 6 months to recover from. Rew never seen Foxhall, inexperienced and very little if any track time since a pretty scary crash in January. Emil is an experienced rider of genuine quality so you’d expect him to get back in to groove fairly quickly, although possibly not first meeting! This isn’t a case of “getting excuses in early” as some will probably claim, just genuine concerns at a lack of fitness and sharpness. Certainly a better chance of getting something here than in the second fixture in June. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Add Riss to the serious question mark. Not fully fit “til May/June” after ACL surgery in December that takes around 6 months to recover from. Rew never seen Foxhall, inexperienced and very little if any track time since a pretty scary crash in January. Emil is an experienced rider of genuine quality so you’d expect him to get back in to groove fairly quickly, although possibly not first meeting! This isn’t a case of “getting excuses in early” as some will probably claim, just genuine concerns at a lack of fitness and sharpness. Certainly a better chance of getting something here than in the second fixture in June. 

That’s assuming Emil gets his work permit and start permission.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

That’s assuming Emil gets his work permit and start permission.

Already sorted I believe 

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Already sorted I believe 

Well we should know for sure in 10 days.

Edited by bigcatdiary

In recent history the Panthers often come to Foxhall early season and take the win,, and I feel this could be another time.  Having said that,, surely Doyle Emil and King have enough race wins in them to see the Witches take the points. Because I can't decide,,, I'm going for a draw

33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In recent history the Panthers often come to Foxhall early season and take the win,, and I feel this could be another time.  Having said that,, surely Doyle Emil and King have enough race wins in them to see the Witches take the points. Because I can't decide,,, I'm going for a draw

I agree, it should be close, one or two getting over big injuries, new faces and the weather could play a part looking at the weather forecast but it should be a very keenly contested opening match.

Panthers will win this one providing Ben Cook outscores Rew 

Got to laugh at the fact most people predict witches to be one of the strongest teams and panthers one of the weaker yet most are expecting it to be close or a panthers win :rofl: 

Also the amount of people mentioning Pedersens fitness when he signed but not one mention of it now. 

Are the Ippo fans nervous?? :blink:

Edited by cambpanther

2 hours ago, cambpanther said:

Got to laugh at the fact most people predict witches to be one of the strongest teams and panthers one of the weaker yet most are expecting it to be close or a panthers win :rofl: 

Also the amount of people mentioning Pedersens fitness when he signed but not one mention of it now. 

Are the Ippo fans nervous?? :blink:

I was thinking this as I was reading through this thread, I thought it was going to be full of confident easy win for Ipswich predictions.