British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Sheffield -V- Belle Vue 23rd March

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I would still say that Brennan's 4.40 average(not a Rising Star so -25%British reduction) is for "Team Building" purposes only so his true average puts him in the 1-5.Lidsey will be at no6.

Sheffield ‘TruPlant’ Tigers: Jack Holder 8.61, David Bellego 5.80, Adam Ellis 6.72, Kyle Howarth (C) 5.28, Tobiasz Musielak 7.91, Lewis Kerr 4.59, Dan Gilkes (RS); TM: Simon Stead
Belle Vue ‘ATPI’ Aces: Dan Bewley 8.91, Norick Blodorn 5.45, Jaimon Lidsey 5.16, Charles Wright 6.26, Brady Kurtz (C) 8.24, Tom Brennan 4.40, Jake Mulford (RS); TM: Mark Lemon

Feel the weather will win this one, been raining since early evening and is set to overnight and into tomorrow.

Ok bright and windy right now - maybe we will be ok - narrow home win for me 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Just now, GeneralMelchett said:

Ok bright and windy right now - maybe we will be ok - narrow home win for me 

I was thinking the same in regards to the weather but the forecast for the rest of the day has got worse.

Frustrating day of checking for updates ahead!

Feel for the clubs on days like this. 

If Kerr starts 2023 like he ended 2022 for the Tigers, Brennan will certainly not have it all his own way at reserve.  Can't really see anything but a comfortable home win. Has Lidsey ever ridden Owlerton before?

2 hours ago, RBThirdbend said:

I was thinking the same in regards to the weather but the forecast for the rest of the day has got worse.

Frustrating day of checking for updates ahead!

Feel for the clubs on days like this. 

Yes totally - last night it really belted it down from about 8.30- midnight and possibly later - 7am it’s bright sunny and windy- perfect track drying weather 

of course just two weeks ago sheffield (Owlerton probably not) was under 2-3 foot of snow!!! 

1 hour ago, Col said:

If Kerr starts 2023 like he ended 2022 for the Tigers, Brennan will certainly not have it all his own way at reserve.  Can't really see anything but a comfortable home win. Has Lidsey ever ridden Owlerton before?

No he hasn’t 

22 hours ago, Najjer said:

I hope you don’t play the lottery. Bellego is at no.2 and Howarth at no.4

Howarth was poor end of last season feel like number 4 is abit more pressure.. and Bellego and Ellis been close mates would have preferred them together. 
hopefully I’m proved wrong tonight and Kyle puts a good score in 

Ok belting it down now 

I think it must be a bit localised. I'm at Hunters Bar and we had about 10 minutes of rain, not particularly heavy. It's dry again now. A few scattered showers forecast for this afternoon but the good thing is that the wind is pretty strong and it should move them through quickly. Fingers crossed for tonight.

I see no reason looking at the weather radars that this won’t happen now. 

so fingers crossed we will be good to go. 

53-37 my prediction 

Hello. This is my first time coming to Sheffield in the car, can someone please let me know if the big car park to the south west of the stadium is for the speedway and if it costs anything? And if it does can I pay by card or cash only? Thanks

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Hello. This is my first time coming to Sheffield in the car, can someone please let me know if the big car park to the south west of the stadium is for the speedway and if it costs anything? And if it does can I pay by card or cash only? Thanks

Yes it’s for the speedway. 3 quid I think parking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RideHard said:

Howarth was poor end of last season feel like number 4 is abit more pressure.. and Bellego and Ellis been close mates would have preferred them together. 
hopefully I’m proved wrong tonight and Kyle puts a good score in 

Watching the practice yesterday Bellego looked good, whereas Howarth was all over the place when he was doing 'starts', bike was up and down, all over the place. He didn't look happy!

Think the track will take a bit of rain today, as long as it doesn't rain all afternoon! They were putting a bit of water on it after grading yesterday evening.