British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Sheffield -V- Belle Vue 23rd March

The old rivalry starts things off for both teams 

Sheffield will be looking at setting out a marker with a dominant display while we want to prove last year wasn’t a blip. 

tasty match in prospect but Sheffield have the edge. Looking forward to it. Just hope the weather plays ball 

Weather looks slightly dodgy for Thursday but hopefully changes :/

Like Phil said bit of a tense opener to start the season. That final meeting was full of drama and heated moments both teams will want to go out and prove something. Bellego and Ellis been riding a lot together the last few weeks looking forward to seeing them ride together. Dan Bewley class act can he have the same impact as Lambert did?

I think how well the heat leaders score will decide the meeting. Who’s the ref? Or dare I ask?

12 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Does anyone know the riding order for both teams?

99% sure Sheffields will be

1 holder 2 howarth 3 Ellis 4 Bellego 5 Musielak 6 Kerr 7 Gilkes

15 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Does anyone know the riding order for both teams?

From Belle Vue's twitter:

The starting averages are out and @DanBewley starts 2023 at No.1... but he's got some competition!

Dan Bewley 8.91
Norick Blödorn 5.45
@Jaimon_lidsey 5.16
@CWR_26 6.26
@BradyKurtzBkr 8.24 (C)
@TomBrennan27 4.40
Jake Mulford (RS)

As that's not in average order, I'd guess that's the riding order? Despite me being told many times over the winter that Brennan would not be at reserve!

6 hours ago, RideHard said:

99% sure Sheffields will be

1 holder 2 howarth 3 Ellis 4 Bellego 5 Musielak 6 Kerr 7 Gilkes

I hope you don’t play the lottery. Bellego is at no.2 and Howarth at no.4

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

From Belle Vue's twitter:

The starting averages are out and @DanBewley starts 2023 at No.1... but he's got some competition!

Dan Bewley 8.91
Norick Blödorn 5.45
@Jaimon_lidsey 5.16
@CWR_26 6.26
@BradyKurtzBkr 8.24 (C)
@TomBrennan27 4.40
Jake Mulford (RS)

As that's not in average order, I'd guess that's the riding order? Despite me being told many times over the winter that Brennan would not be at reserve!

I would still say that Brennan's 4.40 average(not a Rising Star so -25%British reduction) is for "Team Building" purposes only so his true average puts him in the 1-5.Lidsey will be at no6.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

I would still say that Brennan's 4.40 average(not a Rising Star so -25%British reduction) is for "Team Building" purposes only so his true average puts him in the 1-5.Lidsey will be at no6.

I've heard that all winter, but as the riders listed isn't in average order or alphabetical, I can only assume it's riding order?

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Is Lidsey riding for Leszno or Belle Vue tomorrow ?

Thursday night is British race night unless of Polish rain offs/cancellations so I presume too early for that BUT, you never know if Poland pulling their trump card early to test the water/resilience of the British ruling.

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I've heard that all winter, but as the riders listed isn't in average order or alphabetical, I can only assume it's riding order?

You could be right as I have just checked the new regulations & in 010.2.3 d it says that any rising star from the previous season who does not meet the rising star criteria will receive a 25% discount for the following season.

It does not mention Team Building only so the last bit is probably the area which counts which is not ambiguous/interpretable.

Trump card if Brennan starts season at reserve,,,,could be some big home wins ensuring a fair few bonus points 

If Lidsey rides in a warm up meeting in Poland rather than a league meeting in the UK on one of our race nights we might as well all give up and go home.

• Like 3

Lidsey NOT riding for Leszno tomorrow.

FOGO Unii Leszno :
9. Bartosz Smektała
10. Janusz Kołodziej
11. Antoni Mencel
12. Grzegorz Zengota
13. Chris Holder
14. Hubert Jabłoński
15. Damian Ratajczak

This meeting should be a cracker. Just a bit worried about the weather as looks a bit iffy. I will decide if to go later tomorrow.