British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Emil Sayfutdinov and Co bring in the crowds?

41 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Laughingly enough I've got a feeling that Monmore green is the only current premiership track Emil has  ridden on before prior to Monday at Peterborough.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Emil rode at Peterborough in 2011. 

20 minutes ago, STARRGAZER1 said:

I seem to remember him riding for Coventry at King’s Lynn

Yep twice, scoring 12 both times. Pretty sure the first match was his debut. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep twice, scoring 12 both times. Pretty sure the first match was his debut. 

Cheers wasnt sure what league Lynn and Peterborough were in.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Cheers wasnt sure what league Lynn and Peterborough were in.

That was Lynn's first season back in the top flight.

21 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Laughingly enough I've got a feeling that Monmore green is the only current premiership track Emil has  ridden on before prior to Monday at Peterborough.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He also rode at Belle Vue in the 2016 World Cup race-off, not sure about the others.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:33 AM, orion said:

For all the moans  on why crowds have dropped its always been quite clear to me that the main ireason s that the standard of rider has . The most stupid thing  I kept  hearing on here is that we don't need top riders. What other sport would work like that. If Emil or Nicki are riding at my local track  I'm going its as simple as that. .

another reason crowds are down no speedway at the weekends only Berwick have the sense to run on a Saturday night used to be one of the main nights for speedway.Now thanks to the G Ps and Poland Speedway as nomeetings on a saturday in britain

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 11:51 AM, FishersGate said:

I'm curious what the crowd will be like at Leicester. With a change of race night some fans were saying they couldn't attend anymore. Also I noticed there were fans from wolves, Peterborough, belle Vue and Coventry that would attend cause it was a Saturday night. With it being a Thursday I expect it to drop BUT with Emil and Jason riding at the den I think it will even out. 

The lack of any speedway on a saturday is one of the reasons for the decline in this country

On 3/28/2023 at 11:51 AM, FishersGate said:

I'm curious what the crowd will be like at Leicester. With a change of race night, some fans were saying they couldn't attend anymore. Also I noticed there were fans from Wolves, Peterborough, Belle Vue and Coventry that would attend because it was a Saturday night. With it being a Thursday, I expect it to drop. BUT with Emil and Jason riding at the den, I think it will even out. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 hours ago, high edge said:

The lack of any speedway on a Saturday is one of the reasons for the decline in this country

I really hope I'm wrong. But I have some serious doubts about Leicester "moving up" this year. Of course I want to see Doyley and Emil get beat, nearly as much as I wanted us to beat Poole (not really, bring back Poole, we want to stuff you).
Seriously, the Leicester promotion have taken quite a risk They have invested a deal of cash in the stadium and have shelled out for a pretty good team. But moving the senior team meetings from Saturday to Thursday is no small thing in itself. The team have had a large and very loyal following. I hope they all, and a few more, continue to pay to support the second best team in the country.

Lions, for now. Bees forever.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:40 PM, BassoRacingFan said:

Emil rode at Peterborough in 2011. 

He rode kings lynn, I believe it was his first meeting 

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

I really hope I'm wrong. But I have some serious doubts about Leicester "moving up" this year. Of course I want to see Doyley and Emil get beat, nearly as much as I wanted us to beat Poole (not really, bring back Poole, we want to stuff you).
Seriously, the Leicester promotion have taken quite a risk They have invested a deal of cash in the stadium and have shelled out for a pretty good team. But moving the senior team meetings from Saturday to Thursday is no small thing in itself. The team have had a large and very loyal following. I hope they all, and a few more, continue to pay to support the second best team in the country.

It's a gamble for sure. I was surprised when they announced it. The fans I've spoken to are split on the move. We loved Saturday nights and the crowds were decent. We were almost too good last year especially at home and I don't think it was cheap for the bates paying our riders maximums every Saturday, but that's what you get with a cracking side. It will be weird for me tonight going on a Monday. The usual die hards will be there regardless of the race night . Let's see how I feel about changing race nights come the end of the season 

9 hours ago, high edge said:

another reason crowds are down no speedway at the weekends only Berwick have the sense to run on a Saturday night used to be one of the main nights for speedway.Now thanks to the G Ps and Poland Speedway as nomeetings on a saturday in britain

5 hours ago, False dawn said:

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

It's a gamble for sure. I was surprised when they announced it. The fans I've spoken to are split on the move. We loved Saturday nights and the crowds were decent. We were almost too good last year especially at home and I don't think it was cheap for the bates paying our riders maximums every Saturday, but that's what you get with a cracking side. It will be weird for me tonight going on a Monday. The usual die hards will be there regardless of the race night . Let's see how I feel about changing race nights come the end of the season 

It's difficult to judge crowd numbers but Leicesters last Thursday seemed to be decent-ish without being anything to write home about. I was at Peterborough's opener and there was a buzz about the place unlike at Leicester. One thing I did notice was that the 50/50 draw numbers (or whatever they call it) seemed to be down at about £350 ish and last year I'm pretty sure it was around £450 ish... not that scientific but maybe an indicator?

Edited by iainb

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's difficult to judge crowd numbers but Leicesters last Thursday seemed to be decent-ish without being anything to write home about. I was at Peterborough's opener and there was a buzz about the place unlike at Leicester. One thing I did notice was that the 50/50 draw numbers (or whatever they call it) seemed to be down at about £350 ish and last year I'm pretty sure it was around £450 ish... not that scientific but maybe an indicator?

Yes possibly..I think on a Saturday there was more of party weekend feel to it. Loads of people having beer and sharing a journey together so a few can spend a few quid at the bar. The crowd was decent Thursday but nothing spectacular, maybe the rain had put some people off? I did notice quite a few panthers fans last week which was good to see..

10 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Yes possibly..I think on a Saturday there was more of party weekend feel to it. Loads of people having beer and sharing a journey together so a few can spend a few quid at the bar. The crowd was decent Thursday but nothing spectacular, maybe the rain had put some people off? I did notice quite a few panthers fans last week which was good to see..

It'll be interesting to see how many are there tonight as I can't imagine many making the trip from Ippo other than a hardcore and Peterborough riding just down the road

16 hours ago, high edge said:

Not really...loads of clubs you have ran at weekends have gone bust ect. Getting bigger crowds on a sat night is a myth these days .

• Like 1