British Speedway Forum
rearingtogo

Phil Morris CEO of British Speedway.

Phil seems to be doing a cracking job in the GP series. Let’s hope he can iron out the weaknesses on how each club is being run. Can all fans from all clubs mention on here where their club weaknesses seem to lie and where improvements are drastically needed.could be of interesting reading and with a bit of luck Phil will take a look at this thread to give him a head start.let’s get this sport running again in the right direction before it’s dead and buried.

Edited by rearingtogo

When Phil comes to Kings Lynn he will find the clerk of the course fails to get the riders out after each heats with long delays. I personally know of fans that have deserted the sport because of long delays causing the meeting to run late very frustrating especially at the beginning and end of the season when the temperature outside is cold. Very bad for Oap’s health wise, and kids going to school the next day.

1 hour ago, rearingtogo said:

When Phil comes to Kings Lynn he will find the clerk of the course fails to get the riders out after each heats with long delays. I personally know of fans that have deserted the sport because of long delays causing the meeting to run late very frustrating especially at the beginning and end of the season when the temperature outside is cold. Very bad for Oap’s health wise, and kids going to school the next day.

Surely that`s the refs responsibility putting the 2 mins on- riders will not go on track willingly until that is sounded( from my experience)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rearingtogo said:

Not the Clerk of the Course’s responsibility, he is only the liaison between the ref , the pits and the team managers, riders getting out on track is down to referee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Not the Clerk of the Course’s responsibility, he is only the liaison between the ref , the pits and the team managers, riders getting out on track is down to referee.

Can you then explain why 3 teams that run on the same night and Lynn is always the last to finish I’ve seen this on the updates website. Always slow after each heat has run. There is different refs so why is this a regular occurrence.watched the Sheffield v Kings Lynn meeting the other night and each heat was run very quickly like the gp’s. No delays and the meeting was finished about 9.15. At Lynn it’s more often than not 9.30- 9.45pm. 

Edited by rearingtogo

11 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Can you then explain why 3 teams that run on the same night and Lynn is always the last to finish I’ve seen this on the updates website. Always slow after each heat has run. There is different refs so why is this a regular occurrence.watched the Sheffield v Kings Lynn meeting the other night and each heat was run very quickly like the gp’s. No delays and the meeting was finished about 9.15. At Lynn it’s more often than not 9.30- 9.45pm. 

Why would I even hazard a guess ? I don’t attend Kings Lynn . I’m telling you it’s not the the CoC who has control, it’s the ref, simple as that .

Some tracks don’t have intervals , some do, so they may finish later, but that’s just a guess, try asking the ref at Kings Lynn next time and maybe they will enlighten you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Why would I even hazard a guess ? I don’t attend Kings Lynn . I’m telling you it’s not the the CoC who has control, it’s the ref, simple as that .

Some tracks don’t have intervals , some do, so they may finish later, but that’s just a guess, try asking the ref at Kings Lynn next time and maybe they will enlighten you.

As I said they are different refs and the time is dragged out between races I’ve witnessed it many times.It’s very frustrating and should not keep happening on a regular basis as it does.lynn have an interval but I’m on about inbetween heats

Edited by rearingtogo

4 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

Wasn't there a rule brought in that there should be a maximum of 4 minutes between the end of one heat to the start of the next( also the referee's job) unless a track grade or riders 2 on the trot races.

Just now, IronScorpion said:

Wasn't there a rule brought in that there should be a maximum of 4 minutes between the end of one heat to the start of the next( also the referee's job) unless a track grade or riders 2 on the trot races.

Note aware of a time scale but I’ve been to many meetings all over the country and Lynn are the worst for making a meeting drag on.

20 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

It`s probably that the grading breaks at Lynn always take ages- Isn`t that a well known gripe amongst Lynn fans

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It`s probably that the grading breaks at Lynn always take ages- Isn`t that a well known gripe amongst Lynn fans

It’s Very frustrating as it need not be that way.Track grading and 2 on the trot and a medical incident is exceptional. But that’s not the case at Lynn.As I’ve already stated I know fans that have stopped going because it makes the meeting boring.

Edited by rearingtogo

28 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Note aware of a time scale but I’ve been to many meetings all over the country and Lynn are the worst for making a meeting drag on.

Covered in the extract from Chapter 11 of the Regs below

Speedway Control Bureau Regulations

CHAPTER 11 – RACING RULES

011.1 MATCH PROCEDURE

011.1.1 First Heat

The first heat at each meeting shall commence at the stated time, except

that the Referee only, may delay the start of a meeting due to weather

conditions or other ‘force majeure’.

Any pre meeting parade or rider introductions must be held before the start

of the first heat.

For the purposes of pre meeting introductions or victory parades helmets

are not compulsory. However, practice starts, without wearing a helmet are

not permitted.

Breach of this Regulation is a mandatory £100 fine per offence.

011.1.2 Heats

Heats shall be anti-clockwise of 4 laps duration, unless the SR’s state

otherwise.

In normal circumstances the time from the finish of a heat to the start of the

next shall not exceed 4 minutes (including the 2 minute time allowance).

011.1.3 2 Minute Allowance

The Referee must indicate the start of a 2 minute allowance by means of a

warning horn or bell audible in the pit area together with the flashing amber

lights if all of the riders are not in the starting area at the same time this

warning shall apply to all riders and can be given only once.

Except when the Referee considers that there are valid reasons for delaying

the start of an ensuing heat, the interval between the finish of one heat and

the start of the next shall not exceed 4 minutes including the 2 minute

allowance.

If a track has a countdown clock, that can be operated solely by the Referee,

then it is compulsory for the clock to be used.

1 minute ago, Sir Sidney said:

Covered in the extract from Chapter 11 of the Regs below

Speedway Control Bureau Regulations

CHAPTER 11 – RACING RULES

011.1 MATCH PROCEDURE

011.1.1 First Heat

The first heat at each meeting shall commence at the stated time, except

that the Referee only, may delay the start of a meeting due to weather

conditions or other ‘force majeure’.

Any pre meeting parade or rider introductions must be held before the start

of the first heat.

For the purposes of pre meeting introductions or victory parades helmets

are not compulsory. However, practice starts, without wearing a helmet are

not permitted.

Breach of this Regulation is a mandatory £100 fine per offence.

011.1.2 Heats

Heats shall be anti-clockwise of 4 laps duration, unless the SR’s state

otherwise.

In normal circumstances the time from the finish of a heat to the start of the

next shall not exceed 4 minutes (including the 2 minute time allowance).

011.1.3 2 Minute Allowance

The Referee must indicate the start of a 2 minute allowance by means of a

warning horn or bell audible in the pit area together with the flashing amber

lights if all of the riders are not in the starting area at the same time this

warning shall apply to all riders and can be given only once.

Except when the Referee considers that there are valid reasons for delaying

the start of an ensuing heat, the interval between the finish of one heat and

the start of the next shall not exceed 4 minutes including the 2 minute

allowance.

If a track has a countdown clock, that can be operated solely by the Referee,

then it is compulsory for the clock to be used.

Thanks for the clarification. Let’s hope Lynn adhere to this

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Thanks for the clarification. Let’s hope Lynn adhere to this

All timings except for grading and interval is down to the ref only. So can't see how Kings Lynn are  to blame.

• Like 1

Is the "problem" with Kings Lynn down to the fact that they own the stadium and all takings from bars and refreshments to go them. Hence keep the punters in as long as possible.

• Like 5