British Speedway Forum
Doners123

Oxford Vs Plymouth

It’s the risk we all take or once took for those of us who no longer have a team to support.

Never used to take any notice of what was forecasted, if the meeting was still listed as on, I would check the real time rain radar and make a call from that based on how heavy it was raining, the area it was covering and direction it was heading.

A promotion with all the good intentions of trying to run, doesn’t mean it will be able to run or be completed.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

We.ve all been there I'm sure...travelling to a track only to find that the meeting has been cancellled. I've lost count the number of times I've made a journey in the past and have the meeting postponed at the last minute. However we didn't have the luxury of mobile phones etc in those days to keep us informed whilst making the journey. Speedway fans have always been subjected to poor customer relations and I always recall the "six heat" clause whereby if a meeting ran to that length and was then postponed you didn't get your money back...I'm convinced that it could have been challenged?

Something to consider? Tracks like Plymouth & Poole have plenty of spare dates to re-stage "rain offs" tracks like Oxford & Berwick with 2 teams each so have a more congested fixture list with less options to re-stage.

1 hour ago, marko said:

It’s the risk we all take or once took for those of us who no longer have a team to support.

Never used to take any notice of what was forecasted, if the meeting was still listed as on, I would check the real time rain radar and make a call from that based on how heavy it was raining, the area it was covering and direction it was heading.

A promotion with all the good intentions of trying to run, doesn’t mean it will be able to run or be completed.

Don't forget to check the tidal times when you go to Plymouth & Poole :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, marko said:

Would have to agree with you fully. I did that some years ago before travelling to Eastbourne weather awful all the way but sunny in Eastbourne.