British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Stars v Wolves 13/4

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Just to add,i'm surprised nobody has said the meeting was done and dusted in 1hr 20 mins.That should please some i hope:D

yes i was home by 9-20 pity it,s not like that more often.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TINYS said:

yes i was home by 9-20 pity it,s not like that more often.

Where do you live, in the car park ? :blink: 

On 4/14/2023 at 8:46 AM, therefused said:

Schlein 4+1, Cook 1+1. 

You wont make the play offs

One away defeat doesn't cost you the play-offs, in fact Wolves could lose every away match by 8 like they did at Lynn, but also win every home match by 22-26 points like they did against Belle Vue & Lynn, get all the bonus points & make the play-offs!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

One away defeat doesn't cost you the play-offs, in fact Wolves could lose every away match by 8 like they did at Lynn, but also win every home match by 22-26 points like they did against Belle Vue & Lynn, get all the bonus points & make the play-offs!

They won’t 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

They won’t 

I'm not saying Wolves definitely will make the playoffs, but nothing has happened to be sure they won't imo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If wolves win at home and get the bonus point ..3 out of 5 points ..That should  get u in the play offs ...With the occasional  win away aswell....

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Rory should get better ...Not sure whether  Z.Cook is good enough  ...might need to replace  him if he doesnt at least score his ave ...Better number 6 's in the league ...

52 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Rory should get better ...Not sure whether  Z.Cook is good enough  ...might need to replace  him if he doesnt at least score his ave ...Better number 6 's in the league ...

Replace him with whom?

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

53 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Replace him with whom?

34 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Its difficult i know ..Depends whether  the Ave comes down....

I agree that's there's better number 6s in the league, but they are on higher averages, so expect them to be better.

I've read many comments on various posts about dropping Z.Cook for Nicholls for example, but I just don't see Wolves dropping their averages to allow that change - their top 5 are all good! After the first 2 matches of 2023, the teams rolling aves have risen to 39.63

17 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree that's there's better number 6s in the league, but they are on higher averages, so expect them to be better.

I've read many comments on various posts about dropping Z.Cook for Nicholls for example, but I just don't see Wolves dropping their averages to allow that change - their top 5 are all good! After the first 2 matches of 2023, the teams rolling aves have risen to 39.63

Like i said its difficult ...Top 5 are all good  ....Nicholls ave is over 5 ...Not much about with Z.Cooks ave of 4...

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

IF averages allowed Nicholls for Cook is a no brainer. Seems unlikely tho because averages have increased and Scott probably won’t want a full time top flight position. 
Wolves are in the same position as last season. Strong top 5, weak reserves. Having a strong reserve wins you league titles every time.

Wolves will probably lose at home if one of the top 5 has an off night (as evidenced last season) and those will be the costly mistakes that might prevent them making the top 4.  Only really 5 teams looking like a challenge for the top 4 this season so winning at home and collecting bonuses are the key.

21 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

IF averages allowed Nicholls for Cook is a no brainer. Seems unlikely tho because averages have increased and Scott probably won’t want a full time top flight position. 
Wolves are in the same position as last season. Strong top 5, weak reserves. Having a strong reserve wins you league titles every time.

Wolves will probably lose at home if one of the top 5 has an off night (as evidenced last season) and those will be the costly mistakes that might prevent them making the top 4.  Only really 5 teams looking like a challenge for the top 4 this season so winning at home and collecting bonuses are the key.

Totally  agree about the reserves..same position as last year really..Think they intented to have a good number  6 but when Rory came back it all changed ..Was only left with a just over 4 to play with ...if Dougy has a bad night at M.G and   the reserves  not scoring many ..Wolves could be in trouble... 

Zach Cook will be just fine. Just needs to get used to the tracks, many of which he's not seen before.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Zach Cook will be just fine. Just needs to get used to the tracks, many of which he's not seen before.

I think both brothers have shown some real promise. Zach is the lesser light (thus far) but it is very early days. If he was in my team I'd be very happy and patient just now.

• Like 1