British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Belle Vue 13th April

Belle Vue the better side tonight and Bewley is still not firing fully.  Kurtz loves foxhall and Lidsey impressed. For Ipswich, Doyle was beaten just the once but King was the weak link given the long tail, although Hume did have one great ride. Was freezing though! 

Congrats to Belle Vue for a solid job and deserved win. Avoiding last places was key and put pressure on the Witches who came up short at vital times

A very mundane meeting on the racing front too with only a couple of significant incidents. The hardest battles were between Brennan and Wright :)

Lots of head scrathing ahead for the Ipswich management team. Should they twist already - I think they will stick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Not really, Rew will be fine. It’s only his 3rd uk meeting. The rising star berth is a concern

Ipswich could have chosen from two 5 point Championship riders (Kemp or Rowe) but chose a 3.5 Champ rider in Joe T. I'm sure they had their reasons, but those reasons CANNOT be making the team as strong as possible!

For the record, I don't blame Joe T for the loss, he did what I explain to do, beat anyone of equal or lower standard in the meeting, unfortunately for him, there were none in this meeting.

Edited by szkocjasid

What looked the reason for Rew’s fall?

did mention pre season that I’ve seen him a number of times abroad and more often than not seems to have a random fall in meetings

Edited by stevehone

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

did mention pre season that I’ve seen him a number of times abroad and more often than not seems to have a random fall in meetings

Went too wide,, and lost it before hitting safety fence,,, was one of those drop it before getting tangled in fence type of falls,, completely innocuous 

• Like 1

Wonder if it’s a concentration problem .. a lot of talent but let’s himself down at times

Just now, stevehone said:

Wonder if it’s a concentration problem .. a lot of talent but let’s himself down at times

Seems to on the pace when the race is going,, but gives away a 20 metre head start to the others,,,which is okay at the NSS but not at Foxhall

4 minutes ago, stevehone said:

The Witches pair had gated for a 5-1 in heat 14 - it looking good for a lap but Wright got past them both on the 2nd lap then Lidsey put them under pressure and he then he just drifted wide and sort of vanished into the fence!

Meeting was lost in heat 12, Emil and Danyon had secured a great 5-1 to make it 32-34, Danyon possibly the ride of the night for me in that one. Then heat 12 King had a stinker of a gate and the 1-5 to the Aces kind of sealed the win. Heat 13 didnt help but i maintain it was lost in heat 12.

Solid from BV no individual star although Kurtz did get 3 wins beating Emil, Danny and then both Emil and Doyle, but perhaps Charles Wright with 9+1 was their best on the night.

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Ipswich could have chosen from two 5 point Championship riders (Kemp or Rowe) but chose a 3.5 Champ rider in Joe T. I'm sure they had their reasons, but those reasons CANNOT be making the team as strong as possible!

as soon as the original choice was injured I said Anders Rowe for me!

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

Ipswich must be really bad then if beaten by this rubbish Belle Vue team everyone was predicting would be thrashed again

I wasn’t. Didn’t buy in to the nonsense pre meeting. The way Ipswich are built you can’t miss a solid middle order rider when you have a tail like Ipswich have. R/R is a tall order. I still thought we might win the meeting mind you but it wasn’t to be. Despite early season wobbles Belle Vue are a good side which everyone said they were. They’ll have riders that will improve even more than they showed tonight. Play off certainties. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I wasn’t. Didn’t buy in to the nonsense pre meeting. The way Ipswich are built you can’t miss a solid middle order rider when you have a tail like Ipswich have. R/R is a tall order. I still thought we might win the meeting mind you but it wasn’t to be. Despite early season wobbles Belle Vue are a good side which everyone said they were. They’ll have riders that will improve even more than they showed tonight. Play off certainties. 

Wouldn’t argue with any of that. Eleven last places in a home match is always going to leave an uphill struggle. And the way the team is built, probably the one rider you don’t want to lose to R/R is Riss.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

The killer tonight was Danny having a poor night at the same time Riss was missing. Thompson is a huge concern to be honest Kemp would be a better bet

King didn't have a poor night - he was what he is.  Louis must have his reasons for not wanting Rowe or Kemp (attitude, approach, background set-up, support team?). Hume is a concern - lots of people love him because he's an all-action, never-say-die, great bloke ... but at Foxhall he needs to be able to beat visiting second strings as well as reserves. Heigh-ho.

4 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

King didn't have a poor night - he was what he is.  Louis must have his reasons for not wanting Rowe or Kemp (attitude, approach, background set-up, support team?). Hume is a concern - lots of people love him because he's an all-action, never-say-die, great bloke ... but at Foxhall he needs to be able to beat visiting second strings as well as reserves. Heigh-ho.

He beat Dan bewley last night… if he was beating opposition second strings and reserves everytime at home his average would’ve been far higher and wouldn’t have fit 

35 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

He beat Dan bewley last night… if he was beating opposition second strings and reserves everytime at home his average would’ve been far higher and wouldn’t have fit 

Hume received a 25% reduction, which is why he was able to fit.  Apart from one very good ride, the only BV rider he beat was Rowe in Heat 2. The senior reserve must be able to deliver more at home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Hume received a 25% reduction, which is why he was able to fit.  Apart from one very good ride, the only BV rider he beat was Rowe in Heat 2. The senior reserve must be able to deliver more at home.

Shall we drop Emil and Hume and get two 6 pointers in then?

there’s always going to be drawbacks when building teams to a points limit, if you build more strength in depth you won’t have the same top end strength we have in Emil and Doyle, rew will improve, Hume will improve as the season goes on and Erik will be back. The biggest bummer is losing Thomas as I think he was one of the better rising stars - at this stage it seems a step too far for joe