British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Ippo KoC QF 2nd Leg 17/04/23

50 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Probably an ex rider calling the reserves wobblers and how they won't win anything with them.

Could be but its more than one person its several that seem to not fathom that your team cant win every week and every rider can't score maximums, i actually wonder what they know of team building or the sport in general

Most are fairly constructive with their criticism, so hope they dont take offence to what doyle said its the other trash that should 

Interesting night of speedway with the main highlight watching Emil brake the track record. He was absolutely phenomenal and one the best riders I've ever seen at Leicester. Just a shame he wasn't riding for us cause he would be perfect at Leicester. 

Slight disappointed with the result. I think you could tell a few of our riders are still bedding in at leicesters track. Dan has been struggling but he is only 17/18 years old. Allen and max are still getting used to the track and that is probably what cost us last night. Only 5 points from your number 1 is concerning but I can't fault his effort to try re pass a few riders. Ipswich were too good and I think a little patience is needed with this team. I think we will know a lot more how are season is going to pan out after Thursday night against belle Vue.

• Like 2

There was a lovely first 2 turns by Bomber to out fox Emil when they met, didn't take too long for Emil to pick him off though...

... and is it Chris "The Bomber" Harris or Chris "Bomber" Harris? "The Bomber" just doesn't sound quite right to me :rolleyes:

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

Could be but its more than one person its several that seem to not fathom that your team cant win every week and every rider can't score maximums, i actually wonder what they know of team building or the sport in general

Most are fairly constructive with their criticism, so hope they dont take offence to what doyle said its the other trash that should 

Have you ever been on football forums? This one is very tame by comparison! The blinkers on football ones are well and truly on and any objectivity is left at the door!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Rew, Hume, Thompson should all improve as the season goes on and this team is not the finished article yet.Those three tonight chipped in with 12 points between them so not all doom and gloom.It baffles me that Hume gets expected to score more points in a very tough position how many people expect him to beat Fricke away from home….? Keep the faith with Rew as there is a good longterm rider in there and Ippo will get the rewards by persevering with him exsperience is key for him.

Good comments, I think both Hume and Rew will be very good riders in time - they show real potential - can't comment on Thompson as I have only seen him ride once in last weeks home defeat so it would unfair to make judgement based on one meeting.

Rew did seem to duck out of a couple of first bend challenges last week but perfectly understandable in my view given how new he is in the UK etc. Hume can certainly throw out the odd brilliant ride - he also looks much better on the bike - early on last year he looked shaky and wobbly on the bends at Foxhall buts seems to have ironed that out now. If both can get consistent they will be real assets to the side.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

King was the surprise for me, does he always go that well at Beaumont Park?  Strange choice to go for Fricke rather than Harris is heat 15?  Fricke may need time to adjust to a new track but Morris doesn't have that excuse.

11 minutes ago, Col said:

King was the surprise for me, does he always go that well at Beaumont Park?  Strange choice to go for Fricke rather than Harris is heat 15?  Fricke may need time to adjust to a new track but Morris doesn't have that excuse.

12 and 9 last season for Poole there. 

45 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

12 and 9 last season for Poole there. 

But Leicester didn't have talent the likes of Fricke, Harris or Lawson last season.

5 minutes ago, Col said:

But Leicester didn't have talent the likes of Fricke, Harris or Lawson last season.

The track hasn't been as conducive to passing so far this season as it was last... bring back those bumps!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Col said:

Leicester weren't in the Prem last season though! Plus Leicester still had Morris, Richie and Howarth for him to ride against. 

Early days maybe but is pressure increasing on Jake Allen who, although able to pull a surprise win later in the match, needs to be a "banker" for a win in heat 2 at home? Not being helped by Max Fricke taking time to get the hang of BP (he needs to have a chat with Emil S?) but Lions ideally need Sedgmen to be at 6.

Allen hasnt been helped by lack of action in Champ so far or in other meetings whereas Sedgmen has at least been riding a bit more. Hopefully over the next few weeks that situation will change and he can start getting wins in heat 2.

3 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

An ex rider who didn’t pull up any trees at that.

Which rider are we talking about here? I don’t do facebook 

5 hours ago, Col said:

Strange choice to go for Fricke rather than Harris is heat 15?  

The tie was already lost, extra track time for fricke to get more settled on home track - same reason rew was in heat 15 - more track time

• Like 1