British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield 20th April

No disgrace for us tonight think it’s the one track in this league our riders don’t go too well at (and maybe wolves). Holder and Bellego not at it for first time this season was the difference between a close defeat and a comfortable victory. Looking forward to the return fixture Emil should enjoy opening throttle up around Owlerton. 

onto the next one! 

• Like 2

Quite important to get over the line here. Back to back opening home defeats is never ideal and would have already left us playing catch up. Hume with a very important couple of wins. 

Fingers crossed Riss is back for Bank Holiday Monday against Lynn. 

• Like 1

We aren’t going to win many matches by much this season because of the way we are built …. Doyle and Emil will always score big …. Danny got 9 last night which will do although disappointed he didn’t look for Rew when on a 5-1 just raced off….. R/R only got 3 which was an issue …. But Danyon after an awkward start did really well and Joe got 2 which is really all we can expect. Rew will come good is on the pace but Foxhall isn’t easy to pass on anyway 

For Sheffield impressed with Gilkes and Holder is just useless at Foxhall hardly tries an inch 

Ellis was average and so was Howarth…. Kerr did what was expected and Nicholls was sublime and fast as well didn’t win his races by being a roadblock he was quick 

We will get better and better as the season goes on

• Like 1

Once Riss is fit you should expect Witches to be able to hit around 50 most meetings at home at least, whether that will be enough to pick up many bonus points away from home is another matter

A great performance last night. Good to see Hume & Rew continuing to improve. I agree with Riss in the side most of our home meetings should be won by 8-10 points. 

The flip side is I can see us keeping it close away from home too with the possible exception of Wolves. 

The boys have already shown a liking for Peterborough & Leicester. Sheffield,Lynn & Belle Vue should all be to the liking of Emil & Rew. We already know that Danny,Eric & Jason love those places.

50 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

A great performance last night. Good to see Hume & Rew continuing to improve. I agree with Riss in the side most of our home meetings should be won by 8-10 points. 

The flip side is I can see us keeping it close away from home too with the possible exception of Wolves. 

The boys have already shown a liking for Peterborough & Leicester. Sheffield,Lynn & Belle Vue should all be to the liking of Emil & Rew. We already know that Danny,Eric & Jason love those places.

Didn't the Witches win twice there last season?

Narrow home win as expected - pleasing to read of the good performances from Hume and Rew plenty more to come from both.

Nicholls probably got what Musielak would have got about 11-12 - the others / Holder no surprise he seems to really hate / struggle at Foxhall.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

It seems to be going much like last season,, last heat deciders at home and doing okay away. Think that will just about see us okay for a play off slot,, then who we face will win over 2 legs,,, just like last year

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Didn't the Witches win twice there last season?

Narrow home win as expected - pleasing to read of the good performances from Hume and Rew plenty more to come from both.

Nicholls probably got what Musielak would have got about 11-12 - the others / Holder no surprise he seems to really hate / struggle at Foxhall.

The Witches did win at wolves twice last year. My thoughts this time around are how will Emil & young Rew take to monmore green along with Thompson. Wolves also seem to have side better suited to monmore this year.

all in all I’m very impressed with the witches so far 

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

The Witches did win at wolves twice last year. My thoughts this time around are how will Emil & young Rew take to monmore green along with Thompson. Wolves also seem to have side better suited to monmore this year.

all in all I’m very impressed with the witches so far 

They will need to make sure Riss is back he had a blinder there in one of them when he was at reserve scoring about 15 I think, but yes Wolves stronger this year for sure, I still think the Witches will be competive away from home mostly!

I enjoyed the meeting I don't think many will do as well as Scott Nicholls in Heat 13.Emil and Jason won't lose many.I think Scott Nicholls showed his class and nerve as he's supposed to be winding down his career at 46.Overall a good close contest.

1 hour ago, Ald64 said:

I enjoyed the meeting I don't think many will do as well as Scott Nicholls in Heat 13.Emil and Jason won't lose many.I think Scott Nicholls showed his class and nerve as he's supposed to be winding down his career at 46.Overall a good close contest.

Poppycock, Nicholls is mere whippersnapper at 44

19 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Poppycock, Nicholls is mere whippersnapper at 44

If he was a spectator he would be one of the youngest there...:D